Jumpsuit and Vest... by Celebration

Sorripto

Hi there, sorry to jump in but didn't really feel I should make a new thread, in regards to the coveralls mentioned above (http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/CT10/coveralls.html) how is the collar? I see this downwards flap collar on most coveralls and wondered how it works with the costume, does it need to be replaced? should it be removed?

Thanks!

Hi there, sorry to jump in but didn't really feel I should make a new thread, in regards to the coveralls mentioned above (http://www.automotiv.../coveralls.html) how is the collar? I see this downwards flap collar on most coveralls and wondered how it works with the costume, does it need to be replaced? should it be removed?

Thanks!

As-is, it won't fly. I think most people remove the off-the-shelf collar & replace it with the mandarin stlyle (seen on every other Star Wars jump suit), or just mod it somehow.

As far as the collar, I could probably figure it out with some trial and error, but has anyone done a tutorial on how to redo the collar & make a mandarin collar? Might save time if I can learn from others' work!

Thanks for the PM and the link Jim.

I will pick up the coverall that you suggested and sew on suede and straps me self!

Cannot beat the price with a stick! :lol:

\m/

One word of warning I purchased the 38 chest regular sized suit. I am pretty happy with it minus one problem. Im 5'10 and the crotch cuts the boys in half if i stand up straight. Luckily the wife is a seamstress so im just going to cut it in half and add 2 inches using black duct cloth that will be hidden by the cummerbund. But those not luck enough to have the same situation should definately consider purchasing the Longer version.

This may seem like a silly question, but it's one I haven't seen answered on BSN. Since all pockets are required to be removed on the flightsuit, does that include the actual front leg pockets. I can easily understand any chest and back pockets, but don't know what to do with the fronts that are part of the general pattern. Sorry for high jacking the thread. :/

This may seem like a silly question, but it's one I haven't seen answered on BSN. Since all pockets are required to be removed on the flightsuit, does that include the actual front leg pockets. I can easily understand any chest and back pockets, but don't know what to do with the fronts that are part of the general pattern. Sorry for high jacking the thread. :/

That is a good question, I don't know i have pockets on my Redkap, on the legs

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q736/maelstrom2280/1009121531_zpsaf5a4a27.jpg

do these pockets need to be covered up or otherwise altered from the garment?

• 3 weeks later...

That is a good question, I don't know i have pockets on my Redkap, on the legs

http://i1356.photobu...zpsaf5a4a27.jpg

do these pockets need to be covered up or otherwise altered from the garment?

Anyone care to weigh in? I am curious about these pockets as well since they can't be removed.

Anyone care to weigh in? I am curious about these pockets as well since they can't be removed.

I asked the question again in another thread Winter, since this one wasn't being answered. I was told that in at least one garrison, they are made to have absolutely no pockets. But...I also was told to ask my local garrison clearance officer if they would approve it with the pocket covered. I finally joined the VA Garrison forum the other day, and am awaiting a response from my garrison liaison. Should know something soon. (at least for VA anyways) ;)

I'd actually like to hear some more opinions on this board. I was going to buy a pair of the Red-Kap coveralls until the pocket question stopped me dead in my tracks. This can't be the first time someone has bought a coverall with front pockets that are not removable. Is there any way around this Winter? I see you have sewing/tailoring skills from some of the threads you've started.

Like I said, I use the Red Kap coveralls for several costumes. They really are great for the price. But these front pockets are in no way removable. The only solution would be to sew them down. But I do not see them being an issue really. The belt boxes that hang down on the side should obscure them quite handily.