Advice needed on my KS bucket

Hi Folks

I bought & am currently using a KS bucket, no problems as such, it's light looks nice & is comfy.

My only issue with it is the colour, it looks anemic compared to my armour. So i'll be painting it.

419649_10150621746772871_674282870_8975112_474597396_n.jpg

What decal set did fellow KS owners use as LW's set appear to be too big. Are Trooper Bay ones the right size?

Thanks in advance fellow Scouts!

i totally get your "problem" as i feel the same way. however, i find that when i'm inside with standard lighting or outside, the difference in the color of my KS helmet and SC armor disappears. however, when photos are involved, things change. natural lighting is fine, but with a flash the difference really stands out...

• Like 1

Our TK brothas discuss this all the time too @ FISD. In ANH-ESB-ROTJ, most of the TK helmets used on-screen do not match the armor 100% in color or shade. You guys looks awesome and your costumes are tight, and spot on. I wouldn't worry about it too much...my 2 cents. ;)

We're not going to make you paint your bucket to qualify for Lancer. :P But if you are intent on painting, change out those hinge bolt covers for something more accurate. Can stand seeing people with the KS covers.

Yep, totally agree.

I bought a set of replacement bolt's from Geoff last year then promptly mislaid them somewhere during my garage build.

They've since resurfaced & I debadged my lid last night in prep. Trooper bay Decals also Inc.

Paint'll be on next week.

Cheers fella's!

Well at the end of the day don't be to full on thet the lid matchies the armour as the original lids were painted and the armour was unpainted ABS and did not match at all LOL so its no biggy, my Kit now is a movie colours with a slight matt finish lid and weather abs armour :)

I am not sure the armour was not painted Andi, I have no evidence it was either. The ROTJ Stormtrooper armour may be a yellowish plastic, the Biker Scout helmet is the same texture, pinseal/haircell. It could be quite possible that they were vacformed in the same ABS/styrene? and both were off white/yellow? The Royal Guard helmet was the same type of texture and vacformed apparently.

The armour in the movie is slightly dull, satiny ? not shiney ABS appearance, maybe because the "finish" side was inside?

We can't say things that may be inaccurate.