SC Armour build

TB-6539

Yep raise the knees a little (maybe trim them down a little) (maybe trim a little more off the shoulder bells too) I made 4 sided boxes for my pouches, very easy to do with some very stiff cardboard or poster board, and you can still use the pouches to carry things.

Looking awesome!

Yep raise the knees a little (maybe trim them down a little) (maybe trim a little more off the shoulder bells too) I made 4 sided boxes for my pouches, very easy to do with some very stiff cardboard or poster board, and you can still use the pouches to carry things.

Looking awesome!

Thanks! :D Don't want to trim off too much, but I'll see what I can do ;) As for the pouches that sounds like a good idea. I also thought about stuffing some fabric in there for temporary "filling", but I'll have to think about that one. Want to carry stuff in them as well, like a cell phone, cards (when I get approved, and order them) etc.

Looks really good!! Just the few tweaks mentioned above and you're there. When is that helmet showing up?

Thank you! :) Yeah...that's what I've been asking for the past 7 weeks... I was told it would take 10-12 weeks to get the helmet done but it's been 19 weeks and still nothing.. :( I wanna troooooop....

Thank you! :) Yeah...that's what I've been asking for the past 7 weeks... I was told it would take 10-12 weeks to get the helmet done but it's been 19 weeks and still nothing.. :( I wanna troooooop....

Who did you order your helmet from?

Who did you order your helmet from?

Let me guess...KS?! :D

Also...when you are ready, I'll help with your cards. B)

MonCal....WANT. HELMET. NOW. I am getting SO impatient... Desucon in Oslo this weekend, thought I might get to troop but noooo...no helmet. No troop. So I'll be on supporter duty...as usual. Might end up in a corner at some point, drooling over someone else's helmet..

Good to know, Jim! :)

MonCal....WANT. HELMET. NOW. I am getting SO impatient... Desucon in Oslo this weekend, thought I might get to troop but noooo...no helmet. No troop. So I'll be on supporter duty...as usual. Might end up in a corner at some point, drooling over someone else's helmet..

That's a great helmet you're getting!! Same one I have, though I ordered direct from MLC. I know he takes 4-6 weeks to get the helmet made and shipped out to MonCal. Then I'm assuming it waits until MC can get to it to paint it and finish it up unless you ordered it unfinished. Either way, once you get it you'll love it.

That's a great helmet you're getting!! Same one I have, though I ordered direct from MLC. I know he takes 4-6 weeks to get the helmet made and shipped out to MonCal. Then I'm assuming it waits until MC can get to it to paint it and finish it up unless you ordered it unfinished. Either way, once you get it you'll love it.

I remember the feeling. I've heard great things about the new SC lid. The turn around time should be quick. It may be a good 2nd option for ya. :)

Yeah I know I'll love it when I get it I just wish it was here already.. And it's actually quite annoying to be told that something will take a certain amount of time, and then it ends up taking close to double that time... Don't make promises you can't keep, that's all. I was told that it would go to assembly two weeks ago so hopefully it will be done soon.. But who knows :/

Yeah I know I'll love it when I get it I just wish it was here already.. And it's actually quite annoying to be told that something will take a certain amount of time, and then it ends up taking close to double that time... Don't make promises you can't keep, that's all. I was told that it would go to assembly two weeks ago so hopefully it will be done soon.. But who knows :/

I agree with you completely. I was in the opposite situation as you. I ordered my helmet directly from MLC but my armor from MonCal. My helmet was delivered exactly when MLC said it would. I ordered my armor in August, was told it was ready to ship at the start of October, but didn't actually get it until January. So for four months I had a helmet and no armor. In the end I do thing it was all worth the wait, but there is no excuse for the poor communication and inability to make a true time estimate. If they had just told me it could take up to six months everything would have been fine.

I had that "Want to troop NOW!" feeling too. You'll get there, and it's worth the wait. You might want to bring your armor to the troop, and if you know someone with a helmet, ask if you could "look at it" for half an hour or so :D (of course you would happen to have your armor on when you "look" at their helmet...from the inside of course)

I agree with you completely. I was in the opposite situation as you. I ordered my helmet directly from MLC but my armor from MonCal. My helmet was delivered exactly when MLC said it would. I ordered my armor in August, was told it was ready to ship at the start of October, but didn't actually get it until January. So for four months I had a helmet and no armor. In the end I do thing it was all worth the wait, but there is no excuse for the poor communication and inability to make a true time estimate. If they had just told me it could take up to six months everything would have been fine.

Eeeexactly. LadySewForUs said the flight suit would take about 6 months - that's totally OK. I made my own in the meantime. But by the looks of it I wouldn't have had to because maybe the flight suit will be here before the helmet. It's ok to wait when you know you're waiting for something good, as long as you're PREPARED to wait. It's really frustrating not knowing when it will be here :/

I had that "Want to troop NOW!" feeling too. You'll get there, and it's worth the wait. You might want to bring your armor to the troop, and if you know someone with a helmet, ask if you could "look at it" for half an hour or so :D (of course you would happen to have your armor on when you "look" at their helmet...from the inside of course)

Hehe yeah I got that offer from two troopers at Desucon, but I don't want my FIRST troop to be something stressful and half-a** if you know what I mean? I want to do it properly, with my own armour ^^ But I've had a look from the inside of a TB helmet and that made me want it even more so not sure if I'll do that again haha.. I'll just get more frustrated with mine not being done yet

Besides, who wants to get all up in someone else's sweaty bucket?! :ph34r: You are almost there and the rest of your gear looks awesome. Well done. These guys will all agree...there is nothing like trooping in your full gear. The feeling and experience is addicting. :lol:B)

• Like 1

Besides, who wants to get all up in someone else's sweaty bucket?! :ph34r: You are almost there and the rest of your gear looks awesome. Well done. These guys will all agree...there is nothing like trooping in your full gear. The feeling and experience is addicting. :lol:B)

Haha! SO true :P Did try a TB bucket on this weekend though, and didn't want to take it off :P Can't wait to get my own!! But... it's been almost 3 weeks since it was supposed to be sent to get assembled, but I still haven't heard anything... So I guess it's still waiting to get assembled :(

And thank you :) It's good to get feedback on the costume! This is the first costume I've ever made, so I was a little nervous it wouldn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but I'm quite happy with how everything turned out :)

• 4 weeks later...

Look what I got in the mail today!!!! *happyface* I think the mailman must've thought I was a little weird because I had a huge smile on my face when he came to my door haha :P

7655247432_0d584fa0c2_b.jpg

Awesome!! Can't wait to see the finished product! That was the last thing you were waiting for right?

Everything is finished :) Just need to make a few tweaks here and there to make it more comfy for trooping and make it look even better :) Then I'll take some good photos (for trading cards and all that). So..... Say hello to TB 6539 :)

Not yet - I have to do this one slow and steady; save up first, then purchase as I go. I think I'm going to start on the boots first. Those Lugz from another thread here look good so I'll buy a set and get the vinyl, etc and put them together. I'll be making sure to do each piece to Lancer specs. After pouring over all the threads here, makes me wish I had done this costume first instead of my Han Solo one I just finished!