SC Armour build

TB-6539

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my, I'm so bad at updating threads.... But I do have a little question now, what's the best way to keep the shoulders of the chest and back plates together? Straps and snaps? Then of course cover it with the required webbing.

I used snaps. I made a hole in spare white abs plastic, then put the snap in that (I also heated up the plastic to form into the shape of the armor for a better glue area). then glued it to the shoulder. It holds together great. I did use velcro for the rest though.

Thanks, Gary! :) Yeah I'll definitely use velcro for everything else, I was just unsure about the shoulders. So you only have the snaps and the plastic? I was thinking more in the lines of snaps on spare abs, glue that to the underside of the shoulders. Then sew the other part of the snap to each end of a strap and connect. ??

I was thinking more in the lines of snaps on spare abs, glue that to the underside of the shoulders.

Exactly what I did. one side of the snap is on extra abs that is then glued to the shoulder. the other side of the snap is through the elastic. I have one snap on each shoulder, and one elastic strap with a snap at both ends. If that is not clear, let me know and I'll take some pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

Going to paint the black stripe-details on the tank soon. I've marked it up with masking tape but I'm unsure about the thickness of the line.... I'm on 3mm now for the large detail, does that sound OK? Same for the rank indicator stripes?

HELP!

Going to paint the black stripe-details on the tank soon. I've marked it up with masking tape but I'm unsure about the thickness of the line.... I'm on 3mm now for the large detail, does that sound OK? Same for the rank indicator stripes?

I think it's between 2mm and 4mm and is usually done with decals, black tape, or pinstriping. It may be easier to pickup the tank decals from Trooperbay IMHO.

I think it's between 2mm and 4mm and is usually done with decals, black tape, or pinstriping. It may be easier to pickup the tank decals from Trooperbay IMHO.

Didn't think about that... Might be a good idea. At least the line will be straight! :P Thank you!

QUESTION!

The "screws" on the T-bits for the upper arm armour.... Are they supposed to "point" forward or back? I've seen pictures of armour sporting both options, but would be nice to know if there actually is a right answer here... There's obviously a left-arm/right-arm thingy going on here, since the screws on each T-bit are on opposite sides.

Yes I think this is the common idea, both to point forward, I doubt that the original guys had this worry.

Also there is a slight gap between the top and square bottom parts on the original suits, if you are really fussy.

Yes I think this is the common idea, both to point forward, I doubt that the original guys had this worry.

Also there is a slight gap between the top and square bottom parts on the original suits, if you are really fussy.

Seriously?? Wow... ok, but that's not necessary for Lancer though is it?

Ok am I completely blind or is there no 2012 Lancer requirement overview here on BSN? Wanted to double-check that I wrote down the various widths of the elastic-straps right.... Or maybe that hasn't changed from the 2011 updates..?

Ok am I completely blind or is there no 2012 Lancer requirement overview here on BSN? Wanted to double-check that I wrote down the various widths of the elastic-straps right.... Or maybe that hasn't changed from the 2011 updates..?

I believe the 2011 specs are still valid and the Lancers are working on updates. You might check w/Marcel, Chex, or Cyberscout to be sure. :)

I believe the 2011 specs are still valid and the Lancers are working on updates. You might check w/Marcel, Chex, or Cyberscout to be sure. :)

Ok, will do! Thank you! :D

• 1 month later...

So far, so.....good?

7414098916_6c20597d36_b.jpg

Still waiting for the helmet... But other than that I'm pretty much done. Just think I need to raise the knees a bit. Want the flightsuit to be visible between the kneepads and the boots. And I need to fill the pouches with something. Aaand sew some velcro in to keep the vest and bund together so the vest doesn't slide up.

By the way: Don't mind the bits of strap sticking out from the top og the detonator, and the black safety pins (just something I had there to keep things in place before I put the belt together).

So far, so.....good?

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Still waiting for the helmet... But other than that I'm pretty much done. Just think I need to raise the knees a bit. Want the flightsuit to be visible between the kneepads and the boots. And I need to fill the pouches with something. Aaand sew some velcro in to keep the vest and bund together so the vest doesn't slide up.

By the way: Don't mind the bits of strap sticking out from the top og the detonator, and the black safety pins (just something I had there to keep things in place before I put the belt together).

Looking really good Sara! Nice job! :D