SC Armour build

TB-6539

So today I got my armour from StudioCreations! YAY! :D Can't wait to get started. Need to get some glue, some paint and cotton straps in stead of the nylon. Oh and hopefully there will be a workshop soon, so I can get some help adjusting everything :)

Here's a photo

Nice one Sara, you may find with SC that you will need to reduce the size of the armour parts a touch, to fit your small frame. I had to shorten the shoulders, biceps and knees for my misses aswell as taking a fair bit from the shoulder straps to bring it up on her.

Its an easy thing to do though

Thanks everyone! I'll be posting photos along the way ;)

Yeah, I'll probably have to cut off quite a bit since I'm just 167cm hehe. The shoulders DEFINITELY need some trimming! Impossible to dodge trees with those beasts on my shoulders.. Think I'll need help with the trimming-part though, to see how much that needs to be cut off and draw up the lines, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit. I suppose it would be good to do the adjustments while wearing the flightsuit and vest? Means I'll have to hurry up with the temporary-suit-until-I-get-mine-from-LSFU :P

And I see you're going to go with the cotton webbing instead of nylon that comes with the kit. Personal preference, or are you aiming higher then just getting approved? ;)

Hello Sara i modded my SC quite a bit as i'am 5'4" Sholder bells, biceps and a bit off the top of the chest and back armour at the sholder will be the main parts to mod, also weather you go for Lancer or not still change the drop box webbing as the cotton straps hang better on smaller people ;)

Hello Sara i modded my SC quite a bit as i'am 5'4" Sholder bells, biceps and a bit off the top of the chest and back armour at the sholder will be the main parts to mod, also weather you go for Lancer or not still change the drop box webbing as the cotton straps hang better on smaller people ;)

Thanks Andy! Yeah, I'll change the nylon to cotton, just need to find it somewhere.. Has to be the right width

E6000, you wont need any for a scout kit, only place I have E6000 is for building the boots. A tiny bit of epoxy for the T bits, TD Greeblie and tank topper is all I used.

And some self sticky velcro to hold the elastic to the armour, mines been going strong for 4 years.

E6000, you wont need any for a scout kit, only place I have E6000 is for building the boots. A tiny bit of epoxy for the T bits, TD Greeblie and tank topper is all I used.

And some self sticky velcro to hold the elastic to the armour, mines been going strong for 4 years.

But E6000 can be used in stead of epoxy for the T-bits, greeblie and tank topper, no? Hope so, because I've got some E6000 but no epoxy :P

E6000 works for most things but requires time to cure/dry. I typically only use E6000 for boots, strapping, small parts, or other jobs where it can clamp/dry for about 24 hours. For this one, I used some Gorilla Super Glue; it's like a gel and sets real fast. Cheers. ;)

Sara, I can send out 1.5 inch cotton straps if you like, free of charge. We are in process of upgrading our kits to always include the cotton straps, but just running-out the nylon stash for the next month or two. Just say GO! and they are in the mail.

Sara, I can send out 1.5 inch cotton straps if you like, free of charge. We are in process of upgrading our kits to always include the cotton straps, but just running-out the nylon stash for the next month or two. Just say GO! and they are in the mail.

Oh my goodness, that would be PERFECT!! Thank you! :D I say GO! ;)

Nice one Sara, you may find with SC that you will need to reduce the size of the armour parts a touch, to fit your small frame. I had to shorten the shoulders, biceps and knees for my misses aswell as taking a fair bit from the shoulder straps to bring it up on her.

Its an easy thing to do though

Marcel, how much did you cut off from the biceps and knees? And where did you cut? When I try the knees on they stick out quite a bit on each side (where the straps go in). Biceps look OK but maybe I should trim a little bit off the top?

I am currently on deployment and stationed overseas after ordering an SC kit to work on in time for Celebration VI I for one will be following your progress. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Thanks, Dan! :) So far so good. Just a few issues with the temporary flightsuit, but nothing I didn't manage to fix :) Still working on the armour though. Haven't had much time to work on it, but I try to do a little every day. I'm pretty small, so my SC is in need of quite a trimming hehe. But it's lovely and fairly easy to work with! Have you started a build-thread on the forum?

I was going to, but our kits have not arrived yet. I am going to look forward to the input because when I get back to the states my goal is join 501st by the end of the year.