Is this the worst helmet?

Guest troopermanx

I especially love this blatant lie line.

"This multi-functional masterpiece of craftsmanship is perfect for gamers and costuming applications. It's also a fabulous collector piece and will look magnificent among your other Star Wars collectibles".

It is amazing what you can do with one though if you know what you're doing!! Mine wasn't far off that when I got it, but I did manage to turn it round.

6381061931_f9226bb483_o.jpg

It is a horrible example I agree, not for the feint hearted; and no way is it worth that much either.........?

• Like 1

It is amazing what you can do with one though if you know what you're doing!! Mine wasn't far off that when I got it, but I did manage to turn it round.

6381061931_f9226bb483_o.jpg

It is a horrible example I agree, not for the feint hearted; and no way is it worth that much either.........?

Wow, I can't believe THAT monstrosity can be turned into that beauty

Yes Juan its possible. I used Acrylikhans tutorial which can be found on these boards. The album of my build can be seen here:

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/ringbolted/Biker%20Scout%20Build/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32

I didn't start taking photos until the helmet had been reshaped but you can generally see what had to be done.

Andy's lid and those that Acrylikhans Tutorial are based on illustrate exactly why I say that people shouldn't knock the Rubies as a budget lid.

If you've got time/patience you can make something that looks like the above for less than you'd pay for a KS kit (which you'd then have to build).

and I have to say, that bucket (Andy's) does look better than some KS ones I've seen.