Racing Kart style suit

Eagerly

All,

Thought i would post a little thread here. I have been looking at what suit to get all day and also phoning around lots of places to try and get the best fit suit. I live quite close to Brands hatch and as such there are quite a few places that make these suits. I called one today and he advised he could custom make me one. No pockets and all the extra bits added.

If all works out i was wondering if i could somehow point him in this direction and let him make some for others

Does this sound like a plan ?

• 2 weeks later...

Suit arrived today. Here are the pics.

wp000002.jpg

wp000004p.jpg

wp000008s.jpg

Not the most flattering photo, but i'm not entering a beauty pageant :). No pockets, No lapels, No patches. All black cuffed feet and arms, front black Zip and Manderin collar. I think it looks pretty damn good

Thanks Berry,

Just to add the place I got it from, advised this was a stock size, but they can make custom fit if needs be :)

I also know I have to add the Suede, i hope to do this over the next few days. Should I do the suede in 1 piece or two so there is a join down the inside seam ????

Thanks Jim,

Appreciate the picture. I am a tad nervous about the suede. lol. Hope i get it right. I am also expecting my armour, boots, helmet, vest and cumber bound tomorrow. All that is left is to put it together and get my Gun from Rhett.

Then its time to submit some pics for clearance :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did not really want to start a new thread, here are some pics of me all ready in gear.

I am just awaiting my armourer to say if he thinks i am ready to submit for clearance ( fingers crossed )

action1s.jpg

action2v.jpg

I know this one is hard to see, but i love the reflection off the mirror

action3.jpg

Thanks, John, Rob.

I know I have a few things to change, but the positive comments mean a lot....I could not have done this without the help from here and a great new friend ( you know who you are beefcake )

Thanks Berry,

Just to add the place I got it from, advised this was a stock size, but they can make custom fit if needs be :)

I also know I have to add the Suede, i hope to do this over the next few days. Should I do the suede in 1 piece or two so there is a join down the inside seam ????

Where did you get it from and how much?

Ok m8 here they are

fronthob.jpg

backosx.jpg

lefte.jpg

rightm.jpg

helmetoff.jpg

flapthermodet.jpg

suede.jpg

helmetmf.jpg

bootpi.jpg

Great job on your build and on the pics. One comment: it does look like your TD greeble is upside down. You might consider flipping it. ;)

Where did you get it from and how much?

£58 all in i will dig their details out and send them to you via PM m8. May be a day or too as i am on nights and i tend to be all over the place :)

Great job on your build and on the pics. One comment: it does look like your TD greeble is upside down. You might consider flipping it.

Griffin, I think the jury is still out on this one.

I've posted a number of screen grabs that appear to show the greeblie in either orientation.

Check out this post.

They are not very clear, and there are arguments for either. The way that Lee has it currently, is consistent with the BluRay walk around (once you've flipped it to being the right way up).

I'm not sure anything has been officially decided yet.

And in the words of our glorious leader.

At this point untill the greeble is nailed orientation wise I'd say both is fine, but once we know which way the majority had them that will be the only way allowed.

Griffin, I think the jury is still out on this one.

I've posted a number of screen grabs that appear to show the greeblie in either orientation.

Check out this post.

They are not very clear, and there are arguments for either. The way that Lee has it currently, is consistent with the BluRay walk around (once you've flipped it to being the right way up).

I'm not sure anything has been officially decided yet.

And in the words of our glorious leader.

Fair enough... ;)

Well, i've not changed it yet. So will leave as is. Until it is decided in a court of law :)

Man I only submitted my pics on Sunday and it already feels like ages lol.

approx 19 days and counting until I potentially find out. Not that I am counter, eager, impatient or anything :)