Straps and sued

Eagerly

Can someone supply the template for the inner thigh sued please. Also can someone tell me where the straps sit, if a stitch on the outside to stop them sagging will affect Lancer clearance and lastly size and position of the rear flap

Thanks in advance people

There used to be a template in the gallery I believe ladysewforus posted but Ive just looked and cant find it now sorry. There is another thread already started if you have a look mate with templates in you will have to scroll down as the search function doesnt seem to be working. Also check out the pictures in the scout CRL to see where the straps need to be and advice on that, including where the butt flap needs to be sitting.

If you fit the 50mm (2") thight straps reasonably fitted there will be no need for a stitch to hold them up ;)

• Like 1

There used to be a template in the gallery I believe ladysewforus posted but Ive just looked and cant find it now sorry. There is another thread already started if you have a look mate with templates in you will have to scroll down as the search function doesnt seem to be working. Also check out the pictures in the scout CRL to see where the straps need to be and advice on that, including where the butt flap needs to be sitting.

If you fit the 50mm (2") thight straps reasonably fitted there will be no need for a stitch to hold them up ;)

Roger that looking now :)

If you do a search on "suede patch" you will get some hits. I printed the CRL pics and also some pics from other scout builds for mine. In the end, it comes down to your build and preference. Check out this post for a nice pic (thanks Chex). :)

http://forum.bikersc...ch&fromsearch=1

If you do a search on "suede patch" you will get some hits. I printed the CRL pics and also some pics from other scout builds for mine. In the end, it comes down to your build and preference. Check out this post for a nice pic (thanks Chex). :)

http://forum.bikersc...ch&fromsearch=1

Griffin,

Link is not working. Is it because i am not yet a 501st cleared member ?

I can try..... It might not work because it's hosted on the UK Garrison forums, and you have to be registered there to view them. (Lee's over here in Blighty too).

I'd try and email them, but for some reason Hotmail is playing silly b*ggers and won't let me upload any files for transfer. Plus it's too big to do through something like FaceAche.

I could be wrong about this, but in that picture on the link, the patches look backwards. There should be more to the rear than the front so when you are in a riding position, more of the suede is on the saddle, seat, etc. The way that looks, not much is touching, there is hardly any at all showing on the rear. In the diagram that was posted a while back, it also showed exactly opposite of this picture.

Its black thin pig suede you are after mate, available from Tandy leather UK. The fligt suit in the pictures are mine, once on the saddle doesnt look quite so far forward, the pattern that used to be posted here had the suede sit just back from the inner seam line by about an inch, and then go forwards giving the curve shape seen on screen at the front. The pictures are just as a guide it will differ slightly from trooper to trooper due to body shape and size ect

Its black thin pig suede you are after mate, available from Tandy leather UK. The fligt suit in the pictures are mine, once on the saddle doesnt look quite so far forward, the pattern that used to be posted here had the suede sit just back from the inner seam line by about an inch, and then go forwards giving the curve shape seen on screen at the front. The pictures are just as a guide it will differ slightly from trooper to trooper due to body shape and size ect

Cheers m8,

I thought the inner thigh parts and the rear flap were dark grey? They are both Black then ?

• 2 months later...

i'm not sure if anyone is still looking, but when i was doing my build back in the fall, i was saving everything. this is the "pattern" that i saved from some post here - credited to tom arroyo. i hope it's helpful to anyone still needing it.

if this is a violation of posting rules/ettiquete, please let me know and i can take it down.

TB-Ridingpatchpattern.png

• Like 1