is this ok for the 501st ?

Guest unheard

Guest unheard

Hi im unheard

Im lazy and looking for a fight suit all in one all ready modded.

I found this on ebay. ( its not mine )

I hope im not breaking any rules.

this is just a question please can you tell me will this pass to get me into the 501st ?

sorry for the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Biker-Scout-trooper-Jump-Suit-Vest-built-Star-Wars-Costume-Prop-Armor-/180797725104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a186259b0

thank you

Great suit. Only one problem...the vest has to be seperate. I believe this same suit is now being made with a seperate vest if you want to message the seller and ask. You could possibly get this one, then add a seperate vest over it, though I'd recommend the suit without the vest built-in.

The vest doesnt necessary need to be seperate, as long as the over all look is right in armour. A seperate vest would be favourable in my eyes though, Ive seen the vest and cummerbund as a one aswell, but again seperate is best. Im not keen on the vest sleeve ribbing in two stages like that, I believe it to be more like a T shirt style. The patches are more or less right, thigh straps dont look 50mm wide though, ad ideally wants to be made out of real suede but not for 501st basic clearance.

That is Christian's rig (board name "cucblack"). He is not listed on our vendor list but this products are well done (though not always 'exactly' screen acurate).

I have purchased numerous things from him with other outfits int he past. I like his Scout helmet decals as well.

Shoot him a PM or email him directly via eBay. He is a cool guy.

\m/

Just a question, I e-mailed Christian about the suit with a standard flightsuit upper with no built in vest and he said no problem :) The question I have is he uses faux seude but if I correct, for Lancer you need real seude. Is this correct??? If so, I might see if he can do it with real seude to save some headaches later...

• 2 weeks later...

For lancer now we require real suede as that is what was used in the film, after all it is about accuracy. Faux suede is fine for 501st clearance though, but like you say if he could use a real thin pig suede on your suit that would be the way to go in my eyes.

I just sewed mine with faux suede and I immediately regretted it. The white thread showed through and it just didn't have a good look. I am not going for lancer but I definitely am using real suede. I bought a used women's suede shirt off ebay for about 20 bucks and am sewing it on now. Go with the real thing, you'll be glad you did.