Just started building my SC kit

AdamS

I've got the KS ones, and I'm going to be modifying them to be more screen accurate. The KS covers had black outlines, which I've shaved off, but they're still way too big, so I might just use a washer or something the right size with grey vinyl on it.

As for the snout, I didn't want to order anything else just yet so I've made my own raised piece and I'm going to try and add/subtract some things from the KS snout piece to make it as much like the screen used ones as I can.

I've got the KS ones, and I'm going to be modifying them to be more screen accurate. The KS covers had black outlines, which I've shaved off, but they're still way too big, so I might just use a washer or something the right size with grey vinyl on it.

As for the snout, I didn't want to order anything else just yet so I've made my own raised piece and I'm going to try and add/subtract some things from the KS snout piece to make it as much like the screen used ones as I can.

I hope it works out for you. The KS snout is pretty bad and the furniture feet are not much better. The accurate snout can be sourced pretty easily and the bolt covers are made by 3m. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll let you know how I do it and how well it goes. I've been pretty behind on the armor stuff lately, but when I modify the pieces, I'll post pictures and such :) Hope your helmet arrives soon!

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, skipping ahead without posting anything- I'm DONE!

http://imgur.com/a/JgRk2

The snout modification worked out ok, it looks a lot better than it would have without the extra 'grills'. We chopped up a credit card and glued them in there, then dremeled out the vertical grooves present in the film. I'd recommend doing that with the SC snout piece if you don't want to order a better one.

Awaiting my approval now and after that, my number, and after THAT, my Pathfinder status. :)

Looks great Adam, congrats on your build. :)

The only feedback I can offer is to add webbing on the join spot for your chest/back parts. It's typically 2" nylon webbing or other clothe, wrapped around where the chest and back come together at the top.

IMG_3596b.jpg

Yeah, I do need to do that. I'm probably going to use a bit of the same material I used for the boots, it's a white vinyl fabric.

Also, I got approved! Now I'm just waiting for my number. By the way what mold of armor is that, Jim?

Juse some suggestions. Bring your right pouch in a little more. it's too far out. Ideally you want them on the edge of ribs on your bund.

Flip your TD, it's on backwards. Circle goes on the right, square parts on the left.

Your sleeves are a little long..either that or your shoulder bells are too high up.

Other then that, great job, Adam.

Jim, you made that KS look pretty.

• Like 1