LUGZ Canvas Military Boots - Compare to Original Sierra's

OK gang,

I have done some exhaustive searches on all types of boots out there (vintage and current) and came across a few vintage that had similar soles to the Original Sierra (High Sierra??) Shoe Boots used for the Scouts and the Endor Rebels. My quest was to find a sole color and rubber type that was similar. I found an '80's vintage Guess Shoe/Boot image but could not find any to purchase. I also came across a 90's FUBU Hiker that has a good looking sole. Again, could not find any available.

So here is the skinny... I came across these LUGZ that look to me to be the closest sole color and shoe/boot type that I have seen yet.

Granted, a bit of work to the sides of the sole but then again, this is needed for most boots out there - yet with these you will not need to "fudge" the two tone soles.

NAME: LUGZ Matrix Camel Canvas Hi Top Boots MMRXC239 Men Size Military Style [ eBay Link ]

I just bought a size 12 US on eBay and these are being liquidated (as I researched other avenues to obtain them) so anyone that may be interested, I would suggest jumping on these now. LUGZ Web site no longer carries them so they are being pushed out of circulation. I will let you all know how they turn out as I have the Scout boot materials ready to go. Again, if you like these, you should bid on a size now because they will not be around for long (I predict).

Good hunting brothers and sisters!!! ~ Grendel_Blitz \m/

LUGZ_Sierra_Comparison.jpg

Looks good, other then getting rid of the logo on the back heel, and then notching the sole to meet Lancer specs.

That was the hope Chex. Knowing the soles need some attention, I have yet to find anything close.

Gladyou both like! I should have them in a few days and the boots should be done by later next week.

I will post pictures, of cousre. :rolleyes:

\m/

\m/

wow that's even better than the Palladium boots except for the quite flat threads underneath but other than that - nice!

Lonewolf should use these for his sole project.

I bought a pair of these:

tantan1.jpg

tan01.jpg

I've got more vinyl arriving tomorrow then they'll get the treatment. Have modded the soles already and I think they look ok. We'll see as the pictures aren't really representitive, the colour is washed out in these pictures.

I did a quick search for the Lugs, I like them a lot. The sole colour is more accurate than the Isreali Paladiums I have. Still, we have to try these things.

They must be reasonably close for Marcel to sit in the pub staring a my feet looking puzzled!!!

Nice! It's too bad it's a clearance type item, no longer in regular stores. The eBay sellers seem to have quite a few of the Lugz Matrix in various sizes. Those soles could be easily modified to look like the Siera Sneakers, at least on the sides.

(I started this boot search because when I built my first pair of TB boots with the $35 work/hike boot, they took forever to break in and killed my feet for the first many troop outings - I wanted something that could be as comfortable as possible from the start with little break-in time)

Junglie Scout,

I looked at all the Palladium lines and like the shape of the sole but none of them has a sole close in rubber color -

This was the closest but too dark:

palladium_pampa_hi_boot.jpg

...as I was trying to find a pair that I would not need to "color".

I went as far as emailing the Palladium company and sent them images of the Sierra Sneaker as a sole reference and inquired about having them build a new sole color (and added that the SW community would buy them up ;) ) - LONG SHOT, I KNOW but it does not hurt to try. :blink:

It did buy these for everyday wear so I hope that they are comfy. :D

PampaHiIIShoesOliveDrabA.jpg

Glad folks found the LUGZ decent as I am excited to try them out for my new TB boots.

Will post my boots when they are built - prolly 2 weeks out from now.

\m/

• Like 1