Lancer Vest Question

batninja

I haven't been able to find a decent shot of the vest itself, and I've heard there are different camps concerning fabric choices and design, with respect to Lancer specs. Are either of these designs close to the screen-used vest? Are both or either of these acceptable for Lancer requirements?

vest_options_2.jpg

I want to nail down a design, once and for all. At the very least, could someone post a diagram of the correct design?

Yup defo option 1, ive never seen any grabs suggesting the ribbed sleeves went higher than the sleeve itself. I would go with a heavy weight fabric like the bund is made out of for the main body, there was talk that the sleeves were made of a lighter material and padded out with wadding giving the ribs like thefront of the bund

Good info from all, thanks. In that case, I should be able to use my old Fett vest pattern as a base (shorter height, with a bigger neck opening), and just design the new sleeves.

I WILL, of course, refer to this thread when applying for Lancer status! :D

I thought the most accurate one was the raglan sleeve version (lower middle in the drawing above)?

In some of the pics, you can see the ribbing go under the shoulder straps, but I haven't seen a definitive photo showing the ribbing going all the way to the collar as it's hidden most of the time.

This link shows the ribbing and raglan sleeve, but it's not definitive if it goes to the collar.

http://www.bikerscout.net/forum/uploads/1144978010/gallery_1_3_259886.jpg

I had mine made that way and that's the way Ladysewforus made her new ones, based on feedback from here (unless I'm missing something?)

I think there's a few opinions on it. ;) When making my costume, I just weighed it and went with what I thought the screen used guys used. The fun (and I'm learning it too), is to get new info and learn new things about our parts (like the TD). :)

Okay, here's what was recently posted over at 501st for costume requirements. I don't think there was a vest image last week. Does anyone know if this is the real deal or fan-made?

TB_scout_vest.jpg

It appears to be a combination of several of the proposed styles, and matches the diagram from Boba Leo/Tom Arroyo.

**EDIT** - 4505Marcel posted yesterday about the updates to the 501st requirements, which now includes this pic on their website.

I recently purchased this vest from Ladysewforus that was based on information on this forum.

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=9035&hl=&fromsearch=1

The sleeves were changed on her patterns to be a raglan style. Does that mean this isn't acceptable because the sleeve goes uner the shoulder strap armor and to the neck? Most of the time you won't even see the top of the raglan sleeve as its covered by the shoulder strap armor.

• 3 months later...