Smitty's TB Blaster 2012

Smitty

Surprisingly the stuff i have the best luck with is the Colorplace Walmart brand paint. At 97 cents per can the finish is ALWAYS flawless without a single run.

Some great detail on the casting, nice work. Is the black on the gun considered a base "undercoat"? Also, what is the weight on it? I would like to get one, prime it, paint it flat black, and weather it up. These look cool.

This one is painted a gloss black. I think it might be a bit too glossy. I wish I didn't have to paint them at all since they are cast in black resin but the different textures on the blaster parts require paint to give the blaster a uniform finish. That only pertains to the blaster though since its a sculpt. The Scope doesnt suffer from this effect since its found part and the different textures work out for the better on the scope.

According to my bathroom scales the blaster weighs about 1.3 pounds.

I think what Im gonna do is go ahead and start production but only offer raw castings kits for the time being. I'll pour you one up for $75 shipped. Shoot me a PM if you dont wanna wait for the production thread.

• 1 month later...

I have just finished my Smitty pistol, I drilled holes in some of the parts, added a nut to one side and a bolt in the other so I can join it all up without any glue.A bit of light sanding and fillering, a coat of primer and a final coat of black matt, polished in places to highlight the different textures and the pistol is done,

IMG01285-20120810-2313.jpg

IMG01286-20120810-2314.jpg

IMG01284-20120810-2313.jpg

IMG01283-20120810-2312.jpg

IMG01279-20120810-2310.jpg

IMG01281-20120810-2311.jpg

IMG01287-20120810-2315.jpg

A nice pistol and not heavy, thanks Smitty.

Very nice build there John! Love the paint work, top job!

Also wanted to chime in, I bought Smitty's stuff before and its top notch. Great service too. The scope detail is amazingly sharp! Awesome blaster!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...