Cummerbund questions

BananoPower22

Hey there guys, I got my cummerbund the other day and I haven't done anything with it.. just staring at it :P

I don't know what do do when it comes to the pouch placement, maybe I need to search a bit more.. but since I've got like 4 questions, I'll just make a thread. (Hoping I won't bother anyone!)

Should there be an exact pouch placement?

378881_2779306684754_1320756753_33031337_646690265_n.jpg

How am I supposed to attache the pouches? Do I stick them to the CB with velcro like this?

393763_2779308324795_1320756753_33031338_1018337889_n.jpg

and the elastic on the back, does it goes velcroed OUTSIDE the CB?

374791_2779325725230_1320756753_33031348_1775444734_n.jpg

Or inside?

378654_2779327965286_1320756753_33031350_793826498_n.jpg

And also, should I wait for the armor to arrive so I can decide where to place the pouches? Am I missing something in this puzzle? I'm super confused with all of this...

elastic should be inside because you can't ensure it isn't shown when the TD moves out of the way...and i've never seen a screen cap where it was on the outside. maybe someone else has one, but i've not seen it.

also, i have my pouches velcroed to the chest armor. they move with me (not that there's a lot of moving anyway) and never "sag" or hang too far below the armor. nice and simple. makes washing, etc. very easy as well

Yup you want the bund thong on the inside, when I do mine I have them attach at the front under the cod as its easier to dress that way.

reguarding pouch placement that will vary from costumer to costumer, but they want to sit wide enough so you can see all the ribbing detail on the bund, and sit under the chest plate and just over hang the belt by little bit. The pouches dont want to be so far apart they shoot way past the sides of the chest plate, this is why the ribbing detail on the bund is also adjusted width wise slightly on the wearers girth to get it all to sit right.

Mine are attached to the bund via Velcro and sit just below the chest armor. They are positioned on either side of the ribbing. I have small foam "blocks" inside the pouches to simulate stuff on-board. ;)

• 3 months later...

that's the topic i was looking for :P

sorry if I mis something you say, but, to have the things clear (for Lancer costume).

is important if the pouch attach on the bound or in the chest?

Looking how they movie in the movie, I think that is on the bound... but I prefer to ask

It's not so much about where it's attached, but how it looks overall in respect to the rest of your costume. So, you can sew/velcro pouches to the bunn, or attach them to the inside of the chest armor. Its all personal preference. I think they were sewn or permanently affixed to the top of the bunn in the movie, but it's not known for certain. Mine is velcroed to the bunn, but a different way might work for you better. :)