New Biker Scout costume

Stick the greeblie on the other way up buddy. (is that a DJ one by the way?? Been helping him out with that).

From the BluRay, the cylinder part of the greeblie is on the outermost part of the thermal det. It's just on the BluRay they've got the det on upside down!

PS, I need to chat to you at some point.

I'll drop you a PM over on the UK Garrison forum.

Yes Rob, I know the DJ greeb is "wrong" with the Blu Ray position but the screen grab seems to indicate the two split pieces go upright! I am beginning to think there were possibly two model kit parts, each a mirror image, maybe two halfs of a tank or something.

Nice greeb btw!

It is stuck on with velcro atm, I can change it as I find out more about it.

Yes Rob, I know the DJ greeb is "wrong" with the Blu Ray position but the screen grab seems to indicate the two split pieces go upright! I am beginning to think there were possibly two model kit parts, each a mirror image, maybe two halfs of a tank or something.

Nice greeb btw!

It is stuck on with velcro atm, I can change it as I find out more about it.

Where did you get the TD greeblie?

TD greeblie is from Don Jarr, not a cast from an original kit part but a fansculpt, cast in black resin.

So I have started to stripe the tank, MC supply the six stripes and measurements as to where it should be stuck so this was very handy.

The wee red stripe could have been just as easy until I had another look at the original costume[1000th time!]

It appears the red paint/decal went around the complete edges of the round knob. So I had to find a longer piece of tape.

IMG00374-20111106-2035.jpg

IMG00373-20111106-2035.jpg

IMG00372-20111106-2034.jpg

• Like 2

Alex, the whole armour is very well trimmed, I just gave the edges a wee rub with some very fine wet and dry sandpaper, rounded the shoulders a little and the bicep corners a bit.

It is such a nice kit, I wish I had opted for MC when I started out, but folks will often advise as to what they use. Even the instructions are good, I hate to say it but I only found out the drop box belt quick clips were just "show" and didnt actually function, I had to check this MC build idea and I quickly found two different pics to prove it. MonCal certainly has an eye for detail, he has always argued for the off white dropbox webbing and pouches, only now people are agreeing.

Stick the greeblie on the other way up buddy. (is that a DJ one by the way?? Been helping him out with that).

From the BluRay, the cylinder part of the greeblie is on the outermost part of the thermal det. It's just on the BluRay they've got the det on upside down!

I'd have to agree with this. When the TD is flipped 180*, the split should be facing down.

It's a really nice lookin' greeb, though. I just might have to pick one up for my MC kit.

(EDIT: I just had to pick one up, hahaha! Can't wait to get it! I am SO weak...)

• 1 month later...
Guest GrendelBlitz

A late chime-in here as I also have the MC armor and it is much more accurate than my previous kit - cannot recall if I had SC or not but it was the typical/standard armor back in the early 2000's - picked it up from a Scout in SoCal so I did not purchase direct from the builder. Sold it off in 2004.

Nice work on your kit too lonewolf!

~ Grendel_Blitz

\m/

Yes MC is more accurate than SC, so I would call it an upgrade.

SC armour is a decent kit, I trooped a lot in it, lots of very happy memories whilst wearing it.

Although the differences are not noticable to most guys I can personally say the change to MC was just something I wanted to do.

Not much done , the elastics are on the armour :unsure:

Hey guys I have a question about the build etc, are you needing to trim any of the armor itself or does it fit pretty well as is? I actually am curious only because I am going with this kit too and am seeing what may need to be done when it arrives.

E

have to agree with John the MC armour looks allot better but the SC armour was my only choice of armour

at the time I built my costume several years ago.

I still have the SC armour in the loft and for a new person joining the 501st its a good kit as SC where also helpful

during my build.

I've always wanted to do a version 2 of my scout costume dreaded upgrades, will be watching how you get on John ;) .

Don Jarr's tank top and greables look good also :wub:

I'd have to agree with this. When the TD is flipped 180*, the split should be facing down.

It's a really nice lookin' greeb, though. I just might have to pick one up for my MC kit.

(EDIT: I just had to pick one up, hahaha! Can't wait to get it! I am SO weak...)

Just a note if you look at the picture posted up by Jeff in the blue ray thread the split side of the greeble does actually go upwards with the cylinder on the inner side, been waiting to have this confimed for weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice choice of armor john! Cant wait to see ya in it.

Damn i need to order another TD and greeblie from MC for the new upgrades as i superglued the MC TD bits with gorilla glue to the TD casing, would be a bitch to pry them off without damaging the TD.

With lonewolf's new helmet and the final upgrades...hopefully i will be able to go for lancer within the first half of 2012...hopefully i dun have to wait another year to achieve my dream :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new member of the 501st. I was looking for two completed biker kits. One for myself 6ft 230lbs, and for a woman about 5'4 140lbs. I see there is mention of an MC kit being more screen accurate than SC. Can someone help direct me to MC contact info or inform me of anyone selling two kits.

Thanks,

Sarge TD-6074