EFX to make a Biker Scout helmet from the original molds

lonewolf

really nice, lay-up looks a little thin, but nice touch to see they've colour backed the inside of the shroud. Unless they painted it.

Now, where can I get one.

Looks like the indention in the back are 'soft', just like the movie used helmets. Very nice touch!

The snout has all the ridges off the Yamaha model, that's very nice to see as well.

While I agree that it should be a vacformed lid, I'll let them call it "Legendary" as long as I get a chance to "try" to buy one! :)

7559328282_248911308d_b.jpg

Based on previous lids, it'll probably start @ $599-$699 w/COA and then drop over time. I'm totally guessing based on the TK and TX helmets they have produced. Still, would be awesome to have one. Time to start saving up (shh..don't tell me wife)! B)

some more pics I've found guys - please comment on what u all think

link to the photo's here http://www.rebelscum.com/2012/2012_SDCC_eFX_Collectibles/default.asp

IMG_8084.JPGIMG_8085.JPGIMG_8090.JPG

did EFX poorly cast of the snout part? - unless they cast it from the original part that was poorly made for the helmet.

But from the photo's I've seen of a screen used helmet the snouts used where pretty good casts.

IMG_8094.JPG

final colour and finish looks realy good

IMG_8088.JPG

looks like EFX have cut the ear vents out but have painted the helmet black inside

I've had a good look at those pics, and you can't deny the lineage of the bucket.

it is superb, but then it should be as it has (supposedly) come from the original bucks.

I'm surprised to see that they have painted it, well, I'm not really. But you could achieve the same results with a decent Gel finish, and I'm also surprised to see that they have hot glued the faceplate to the shroud. A perfectly acceptable solution (I do it on mine) but I'd have thought for such a flagship product they'd have glassed the two together.

I'm also shocked to see the gapping between the faceplate and the bucket. the lines are awful.

Still, they'll sell like hot-cakes.

I've had a good look at those pics, and you can't deny the lineage of the bucket.

it is superb, but then it should be as it has (supposedly) come from the original bucks.

I'm surprised to see that they have painted it, well, I'm not really. But you could achieve the same results with a decent Gel finish, and I'm also surprised to see that they have hot glued the faceplate to the shroud. A perfectly acceptable solution (I do it on mine) but I'd have thought for such a flagship product they'd have glassed the two together.

I'm also shocked to see the gapping between the faceplate and the bucket. the lines are awful.

Still, they'll sell like hot-cakes.

I wonder if this was rushed to get it done for SDCC and the production ones will be a bit nicer?

Thanks Neil - these photos are awesome. Good to get a look under the hood as well.

I am sold. This lid (lines and all) have me wanting one BIG TIME.

After this becomes public, I am curious to see if any "fan mods" are born from it. ;)

\m/

The visor and face piece is attached too low to the back piece. They should line it up at the top, not the bottom when joining the two. And the face is rather soft on the cheeks where they are pretty sharp on the originals. But all that is cosmetical at best and minor points. Good to know they'll do both Limited and Legend editions (even though I can't really see the Legend part if they do it in fiberglass).

DoK55.jpg

The thing is. When doing these in fiberglass... then using the original vac-forming molds creates a problem, as you are then having to deal with whether the trimming and assembly is up to par with the original pieces. When making licensed fiberglass production helmets you mold the outside of an original helmet. That gives you accurate shape and assembly + the added bonus of being exact to one particular original helmet.

It's the same with the eFX hero trooper helmet. They took it apart to mold it on the inside for vac-forming, then later realized they had to potentially go fiberglass. It's just backwards. Mold the originals on the outside to make fiberglass versions and there's be LESS issues.

• Like 1

The visor and face piece is attached too low to the back piece. They should line it up at the top, not the bottom when joining the two. And the face is rather soft on the cheeks where they are pretty sharp on the originals. But all that is cosmetical at best and minor points. Good to know they'll do both Limited and Legend editions (even though I can't really see the Legend part if they do it in fiberglass).

DoK55.jpg

The helmet on the right is the scout helmet Steve Stansweet used too own, which now is in the hands of the uk prop store collection

The "eye sag" I call it is soft on the EFX compared to the original?

It will be interesting too see this helmet next too a MLC, Altmann, DP at LW to compare them to size and overall shape

I wonder if EFX have tweaked the final helmet molds so it's not 100% accurate? I know this is a urban myth in the prop community

that Lucas has asked other liecense makers to alter their own molds so the product is not 100% accurate.

fine helmet - definately. but also quite some $$$ to invest. if I should have the extra funds by then I might get one but I have to completely rework my scout costume so I don't know. also I got a nice one already ;)