SC Armor

So i just got my flight suit in and it fits way to big going to see if my friend can bring it down some for me. I finished most of the hard armor just need to get my cummerbund done so i can finish heat and triming it. still waiting on the boots to be sewn, so here is some pics of what i have now, i am also thinkimg of getting the gloves sized down a little around my forearms. Let me know what you guys think i hope i can have it done in another month before the Fiesta bowl parade.

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6688.jpg

Nice job...looking really good! Plus, great work on some lancer upgrades. Flight suits can be kind of baggy but sounds like you have a solution. Beware of zippers and pockets showing too. ;) Your shoulder bells could be trimmed back a bit for your fit. Looking really good though!! :)

Thanks!!!! We trimmed off a lot on the shoulder we still have some fixing to do waiting on the cummerbund to come in then we can work on the chest some more i cant wait, we are getting there but slowly. And yes we have lots of pockets and zippers that need to be removed

• 2 weeks later...

If you go KS, get the kit, save yourself some money. Also, make sure you order a snout from MC, and you will need to change out the hinge bolt covers as well as the ones KS supplies are inaccurate. And though the stickers they give will work, there are more accurate stickers out there. KS does not supply a chin cup though. So if your goal is for Lancer, you'll need to source that. If you want to spend a little money you can always opt for an MLC, or even the bucket that LoneWolf makes.

Ok here i am just trying all the armor on, I'm still waiting for the cummerbund to come in should be done by Friday once that comes in then i can start on the chest. The to find me a good helmet Im thinking ill have it done by Fiesta Bowl parade.

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

• Like 1

If you go KS, get the kit, save yourself some money. Also, make sure you order a snout from MC, and you will need to change out the hinge bolt covers as well as the ones KS supplies are inaccurate. And though the stickers they give will work, there are more accurate stickers out there. KS does not supply a chin cup though. So if your goal is for Lancer, you'll need to source that. If you want to spend a little money you can always opt for an MLC, or even the bucket that LoneWolf makes.

cool! that's good info!

Yes i know about the shoulders we were waiting for the cummerbund to come in to finish up anything else. Today we just picked up the cummerbund there were a few things we had to fix on it but i think it looks good. Pics to follow later

Ok I finally got my cummerbund back a few things needed to be changed on it ill post pick eaither tonight or in the morning of it and you guys can tell me what you think of it. Hopefully it looks good enough i dont want to end up having to take it back to the lady.

i waited to trim and round off my shoulder bells until my bund was done too. then i set the chest/back armor. once that was done, i trimmed it off keeping in mind that the bell ends at the spot where the chest armor "swoops" back under the arm. i've noticed many scouts with longer bells, so at first i thought mine were too short. but comparing them to the screen caps all over the boards, it's where they need to be.

as so many people have said before - measure twice (or more), cut once. it's coming along really well...nice job