SC Armor

I love my KS helmet it's super light and looks good. I also like my SC helmet it's just too bad they don't make them anymore. My rubies conversion is very heavy and it's now been designated as my zombie trooper helmet

I have been working on the belt and TD, the belts is almost done and the TD is done just need the greebs. I am going to go buy some cotton straps to finish the drop boxes, i am under the assumption that you use the nylon for the belt and cotton for the drop boxes. So i just cut the nylon up to see where the drop boxes would be on my leg. let me know if it is to high or to low as i can still adjust the boxes. I will be working on biceps and forearms on the next three days. Hopefully my boots will be sewn up soon so i can try what i have finished and see how it measures up to my small body. Here are some pics of what i have done.

IMG_6666.jpg

IMG_6667.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg

Wow, you are tiny. Keep in mind when sizing the belt, is that it still has to go over a suit, and cummerbund. You could prolly afford to bring the drop boxes up a little bit more..maybe another inch or so. Your straps do not attach to the TD, they attach to the back of the belt. You can use rivets, it's what I did. Just make yourself a plastic washer from spare abs, or use a real one so the rivet doesn't slip through the webbing. Great job so far.

My drop boxes are at about 2 and a half inches is that too much? and also my belt is not attached to my TD I know in the photo it looks like it but its not. We are still working on it not quite finished yet

I'd say about another1/2 inch then. As for the belt, got a little confused cause you talked about your belt, then TD, then straps hehe. you could always do plastic, belt, strap, then plastic, and a rivet through them all. It's what I did, and it's held up over a rigorous year of trooping. Have you sourced your cotton webbing yet. If not, try Jontay.com. Cheap, and quick.

if you are replacing the strapping on your drop boxes just make it one piece though the box with one end coming out each side looking around the clip then back in. if you do it that way you don't have to worry about securing it.

I would advise you to cut a bit more off the ends of the plastic belt, both ends should be about 1.5" wide to the last belt box, and one central hole at each end for a silver rivet to hold the 2" white nylon belt onto it. It will be strong enough without adding any more rivets/bolts/screws.

Only if you want to be accurate.