Padding for helmet

XoreX

Hey gang, me again,

I found these knee pads and I was thinking of using as padding for my bucket, what do you guys think?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?cat=2,42407&p=55646

look at the bottom of the page.

thanks for your input

JS

PS: I'm pretty sure Leevalley ships anywhere, if you might be interested.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in these as they could be cut easily and slipped in where they need to be. My question is how to adhere them? Could I use UGlue? Or is there something that might be easier to remove if i needed to replace the pads? Suggestions?

I remember my first Biker Scout helmet, a modified Don Post.

I added black padding and really "pimped " it all out :) , putting it on was like slipping into a nice comfy pair of slippers, unfortunately after a very short period trooping it was becoming uncomfortably warm and itchy!

I sometimes feel like a broken down record but I now always tell guys to consider a hard hat liner/welders headband.

The original welders headband is still readily available , the 3M Speedglas headband 9000/9001 is the same as the 1982/83 headband as used in at least one original Biker Scout helmet. These guys had to stand and act/play extras in the Red Woods, in hot summer so a headband works very well.

It is comfy, holds the helmet nicely onto your head, has a very easy adjustment screw[can be adjusted whilst wearing Biker Scout oven gloves] and has a good airflow around your head.

It works for me.