Scout armor

Hay all i havent bine trooping in a while and want to get back into it but i dont want to do the royal guard i want something new and im looking to get scout armor the guys at carida sent me here can anyone help me out with some info thanks all

Hi Rich, after trooping as a Royal Guard the Biker Scout cossy will feel brilliant! I tried on a RG helmet for all of two seconds, not a nice troopable lid, beautiful design however.

Ok read as much of the forum as possible, use your own judgement on just how accurate you want to be and if you can get a friend to sew things you can save a few quid.

Cummerbund, flakvest, pouches,modifications to your racing suit and boots are fairly easy to do yourself.

Sith armor gloves,

Undersuit, the best imo is a racing suit, kart overalls,pitcrew overalls whatever, try to get a thin cotton, or cotton mix material, cheaper the better,avoid flame retardant, fancy piping, double lined versions, plain black if you can.

Armour, five main sellers, Moncal, Chef[uKG] StudioCreations,Kropserkel, and one other? accuracy best Moncal , follow list down to worst.

I would have a look at the helmets to see which version you think looks right, Kropserkel has the best look imo, MLC V3 is a superbly built helmet but there are a few more inaccuracies compared to the KS. Rubies can be very good but ven they can sell for a lot more than they are worth. I have made a few kits myself, may make more if life allows it.

Blaster, hard rubber versions are best for trooping, Doopy Doos, do a very accurate version,resin, original single point scope casting, no modifications required.

I use a very thin silk balaclava to avoid sweating too much, but you know about this hazard already!

Ok save this post now, start out sourcing the smaller pieces to inspire you to keep going and all the very best on this costume, a costume I have become very attached to.

• Like 1