Cumberbund question #6327

Guest bigjoe1015

Guest bigjoe1015

I've been reading through the previous posts and noticed a LOT of troops out there with problems with the bund hanging too low, hanging below their belt, and others just velcro-ing everything in place. Question is, why not just attach suspenders to the bund that are adjustable? The flak vest can cover them and screen accurate or not, nobody could see them.

Just wondering.

Sorry, but you'll never pry the Velcro outta my hands! This is just me talking here, but everyone (and I do mean everyone) I know with snaps as a part of their costume has had them pop and parts fall off during a troop. I on the other hand have never had a single Velcro failure of any kind in my long and illustrious 3 year trooping career. :)

I'm a chick with suspenders......and they Velcro at the front! best of both worlds

Sorry, but you'll never pry the Velcro outta my hands! This is just me talking here, but everyone (and I do mean everyone) I know with snaps as a part of their costume has had them pop and parts fall off during a troop. I on the other hand have never had a single Velcro failure of any kind in my long and illustrious 3 year trooping career.

Hahaaa!!! I see your velcro and raise you Velcro with a Popper in the middle!!!

no costume failures for me either!

I've used a system of elastic braces which go on the bund under the flak vest, and poppers/velcro that attach the bund to the armour (front and rear).

I am currently getting an issue with my new belt slipping down, so I think it's going to get a liberal dose of velcro on that blighter too.

• 7 months later...

So I'm new here and I'v seen several ideas about the Bund slipping issue. I'm wondering if anyone had tried making the bund and the vest as a single piece. no slip now droop and a good way to minimize the number of costume piece's.

My 2 cents at least

I use suspenders (braces is what we call them) but I use black webbing instead of the elastic. Usually bunds are too low because troopers have made them too wide or loose, but they do drop as a troop goes on without the aid of barces, velcro or poppers.

Michael its the washing issue, to make them all in one. its not a good idea to wash the cummberbun on a regular basis.:)

I dont use elastic, black webbing instead they work a treat.

That's what I use. A piece on the top of the bund and under the bottom part of the chest to keep it in place, and 2 pieces on the back of the vest to keep it up in the back. Never had any problems with slippage.

Ah didn't think of that. So maybe a velcro system to bind the bind and vest when wearing it all.

That works the best for me, out of all the different things I've tried. I started out with suspenders, but they don't stay secure after hours of trooping.

Velcro is a Scout's best friend. :)

Chex I can't get the Quote "Never had any problems with slippage." outta my head

Thats going to stay with me for awhile :lol:

Chex I can't get the Quote "Never had any problems with slippage." outta my head

Thats going to stay with me for awhile :lol:

:lol::P

• 2 weeks later...

I had been using "nothing" but recently switched to suspenders. We recently had a long, hike-type troop near the beach and would have experienced some "slippage" (thanks Chex) without them. I'm going to add Velcro to the bund and vest long term. :D

I've never had the slippage issue but I have my bund sewn to my flak vest. Makes a huge difference.

As for not washing the bund, I'd highly suggest against that. Dunno about you but after a long sweaty troop, all the soft stuff needs a good wash. ;)