Armor Weathering WIP

it's funny... they look far too weathered when they are all in bits on the floor, but when it's on, it looks OK.

Just need to do your bund and pouches now.

it's funny... they look far too weathered when they are all in bits on the floor, but when it's on, it looks OK.

Just need to do your bund and pouches now.

Yes I does. I also rubbed a bit of what you saw in the floor photos. I love the way it turned out. Just don't know how I want to go about the bund/pouches

Yes I does. I also rubbed a bit of what you saw in the floor photos. I love the way it turned out. Just don't know how I want to go about the bund/pouches

I have always had good luck with misting paint on soft parts. On my Boba style flight suit I misted black, brown and such over it just a little at a time. Then I would wash it and see how much came out then repeat the process. I just held the spray paint can a few feet from the fabric and misted little bits on there.

• Like 1

I like the Death Star clean look, I spend my "real world" life in dirty clothes :)

I have however weathered two Biker Scout costumes , and a couple of Clonetroopers for Emerald Garrison members,

Photo1093.jpg

Photo1087.jpg

Photo1291.jpg

Photo1290.jpg

Photo1071.jpg

Photo1503.jpg

The Biker Scout original costume was dust sprayed with black and grey, with accentuated "spots", yes it can look unnatural if done badly but photograph, camera etc capture it much better than smearing dirt etc over it.

Spraying from distance really can make your kit look screen accurate.