Armor Weathering WIP

Is that your main kit Luis or a spare?

This is my main kit! But I want to look like the scouts in the movie that we all know in love, not the scouts on the death star that work behind a desk.

A dirty scout is a busy scout :)

• Like 1

Be careful how much harsh black you add. There are two things to remember about weathering. One is that you need to look very closely at the screen shots or screen used items to determine how and how much weathering there was. From this picture and others in the reference gallery, the "dirt" was almost airbrushed and smudged on.

gallery_1_3_127649.jpg

Too much paint can make "dirt" marks look harsh. I used smudged acrylic paint for the recesses of my armor and a rattle can of black to make oil and dirt marks. Not saying mine is the best representation, but as you can see, it's not as harsh.

DangRebels.jpg

• Like 1

I realize mine is a bit extreme, I plan to wipe a bit of it off. But I also want to be quite a bit dirtier than yours.

I am looking for a look that still could be close to the movies but different enough to be unique and original

I will, didn't have time to work on it last night. Hopefully more tonight. And yes, I am doing to boots, bund, and pouches also.

As I am not going for Lancer and I am not altering my costume away from "movie quality" (ie, I am not painting it pink or anything), I shouldn't need to resubmit for approval.

@witness - completely off topic, but that screencap is a perfect shot to show that there is no mesh in the earholes...as we can see the back armor through the earhole.

Yep, we know that. We allow the mesh to cover up things like fans and such inside the helmets for basic troopers. The movie helmets were made to be worn 15-30 minutes at a time, us troopers have to wear them 4-6 hrs or longer at a time sometimes. It is cosmetic and does not affect the aesthetic of the helmet for a basic scout. It's not like people put silver or white mesh in. I still suggest people have no mesh and it will most likely become a rule for Lancers at some point. (hint)

I just read the costume standards and it does say lightly weathered on everything except the chest and back. So now I am a little up in the are on what to do.

That was my worry Luis, I don't remember seeing any scouts looking quite that weathered. Believe me if I could get away with it i'd have my scout a cross between a Kashyyyk & a Whitey.

"Rat Scout...."

Yep, we know that. We allow the mesh to cover up things like fans and such inside the helmets for basic troopers. The movie helmets were made to be worn 15-30 minutes at a time, us troopers have to wear them 4-6 hrs or longer at a time sometimes. It is cosmetic and does not affect the aesthetic of the helmet for a basic scout. It's not like people put silver or white mesh in. I still suggest people have no mesh and it will most likely become a rule for Lancers at some point. (hint)

Please note I edited my message above. Sorry to be off topic again.

Nice work Luis, was the intent for Blaster carbon type damage? It looks like you've been driven over by the Zamboni at the End of the 2nd Period :)

I used a Brown 'splatter' on my Boot's but then I wanted a more Organic weathering with Browns/Green's.

The intent was mostly to go with a "greasy" look, not really a "dirty" look, if that makes any sense at all. I thought about using some browns and greens but that will most likely come later. The overall look is not quite what I hoped for in my head but overall I am very happy with it. Too late to second guess myself now, LOL.

I hope to put it all on tonight and take some pictures.