Thermal Det, a small observation.

Chef

Hola,

I'm just in the process of updating the UKG Biker Scout tutorial with the new Blu-Ray stuff, and I've come across a small conundrum.

So here we go....

Take a look at this screen grab (from the old normal res, gallery).

http://forum.bikersc...llery&image=351

As we all know, this shot is a flip, with all the details such as tank stripes, helmet details etc, being on the wrong sides.

So far so good.

Now look closely at the det... The round detail part appears on the left hand side as you look at it.

No drama I hear you cry... it's a flip....

but then check out this Blu-Ray grab (as posted by Chimei)

TB-TDgreeblies.jpg

The detail parts are still the same way!!!

Is this a flip too?

What do we think.

****edit... I can't seem to add HTML image tags to the pics, sorry chaps, you'll just have to click.****

This is my issue...

Something has to be wrong here.

On the screen grab, the bund closes with the open edge towards the rectangular greeblie.

On the Costume Reference (Blu-Ray), it the bund closes with the open edge towards the round greeblie.

So they're different....

So.... do we go with the screen grab as being the Canon reference, in which case, the thermal det on the BluRay is mounted on upside down (it matters in terms of the greeblie orientation)

or do we go with the BluRay reference?

You see my plight! The devil is in the detail, and I'm trying to get the Tutorial spot on.

Honestly, considering the other issues with the armour 360* on the bluray (TK undersuit/neckseal), I wouldn't be surprised if it was just put on the display wrong. There's more evidence showing that we've got the knob on the correct side of the TD, so I'd go with that and make sure the greeb is on the left side, not the right.

In my opinion to be Honest would be to go with the screen caps orientation bud, that has always been the way on screen, the Blue-ray has been handy to at long last see what these parts are but there's a thrown together look about it just like the M.O.M.with things not put on wright so i'd just use it for part reference, that's my thoughts on it at the mo

LFL has a history of mixing up costume parts or putting things on backwards in promo and museum shots. The MOM exhibit is a perfect example of this. No det greeble, and lots of other missing parts and attachments. The blu-ray photos have a skin tight undersuit as well. Always go with the screen captures. Another example of this is when I was researching my Old Ben costume and found some great shots of the Ben costume from the MOM exhibit and Smithsonian and the mannequin was holding Luke's EP VI saber.

• Like 1