My KS Helmet Build

Much better Juan, a flat piece of 600 gritsandpaper to smoothe off the edges will help.

The eyes could do with a bit more shaping, top line is good, around the nose is good but the two sides are a bit too straight.

The eye area should be a bit more rounded. Sorry my computer doesn't seem to want to post up pics atm.

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to remove the lens, but that's good since I didn't really get a nice heat bend on it. I used a hair dryer and it seems like if it wasn't good enough and the lens doesn't fit properly now. From the front, it looks like every inch of the lens meets the plastic, but it doesn't. I don't mind it, but if some photographer (once I start trooping with it) will notice it, and people are too fond of camera flashes, so they'll notice even more... so I'll do both: give the lens a proper bend and trim the two sides, I'll see if I can do it tomorrow and I'll post up some pictures.

i've been sick these days, so i haven't been able to trim the eyes. and every picture i've seen, the eyes look similar to mine.. so I don't really know WHERE and HOW i should trim to make the eyes look just right. Does anyone has a picture that can help me?

The pic above is quite good, you can see the left eye side edge is more rounded, the right eye a little bit straighter and wider.

The eye area is tricky to pin down, they were all trimmed differently, the "STUNT" helmet has very big eyes, maybe to assist the stuntman to see where he was falling.

The Star Wars in Concert lid has reasonably big eyes but the smallest eyes are the Steve Sansweet/ now PropStore of London lid.

There are other LFL archive helmets with a nice eye cut out area, but none look so like a W if you can understand what I mean.

The tiny amount you could take off will make a big difference imo.

Check out Geoff's forum for the bolt covers...I picked up a set for mine.

http://forum.bikersc...l=&fromsearch=1

I picked up a snout greeblie from a fellow scout on here and it's a nice screen accurate mold. Let me know how your MC snout goes! Your getting closer!!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for not updating in a while, i haven't done much on it except wait for new decals which arrived today. i placed them and it looks beautiful. one thing i noticed is that trooperbay's snout decal is different from the KS'. didn't had the black line surrounding the grey area, so i went ahead and searched for a while until i found a picture that showed me how i should paint the black line.. so i found it. from CCBacara's helmet thread

DSC_0087.jpg

i do realize this area looks a bit different, since his helmet is an MLC and mine is a KS.. it didn't stop me though :)

I didn't had any masking tape, so it made it a bit more tougher but i eventually drew CCBacara's "pattern' with a pencil and hand painted it then with satin black. It looks a bit off, but i'll later scrap off the excess paint so it looks just right. Here's how it's looking so far:

295999_2568519055195_1320756753_32939306_295888469_n.jpg

so far, it has been mine too! my hand was all shaky and i didn't wanted to ruin the helmet.. luckily it doesn't looks bad. it looks weird of course, it was hand painted :P but as i said before i'll scrape off the excess paint and try to make the paint look as smooth as possible

That looks good too. I found the stickers a little bit big. So I went back with a little exacto knife and carefully cut the top portion to be more inline with the inner bevel. Just me though...;)

I cut those in a moment, but here's a picture I took of the helmet. It's not completely finished, i still need paint the helmet inside with black, glue the lens, and buy the mc snout (i sent him and email a couple of days ago and he hasn't replied it yet) and buy the 3M bolt covers