How to build the Thermal Detonator?

Nicole

Below is literally all I received from my KS armor kit for my TD:

therdet1.jpg

I was wondering if I'm suppposed to buy all the other parts, and how I am supposed to build this stupid thing? Sorry I don't know anything about how to make it lol... But I'm completely stopped at this point since I'm lost on its construction.

Thanks guys!! Nicole <3

That may be whatthey send. You have the main box and the two end caps. But you are missing the tube, zip ties, clips and greeblies (buttons & knobs). Email them and ask if that was supposed to be included. Perhaps someone else on the board will know I it was a shipping error orif that is all they sell.

gallery_1_6_18361.jpg

gallery_1_6_42666.jpg

gallery_1_6_32240.jpg

Now, this is from the Magic Of Myth exhibit. The detonator is missing the greebles (buttons and knobs) and no, at this point we do not have an accurate photo of them. A lot of people use the greebles from MonCal.

Ugg... This is going to completely hault my build. Everything but the TD will be done by tomorrow =\ is there an alternative, such as building it myself or finding substitute pieces at a hardware store?

Yup. You just need a knob that's just about the size of a nickel (or a touch bigger) and some have used stick-on black rubber table leg bumpers that are square-ish in shape.

I heard from KS last night on my kit (been about 10 weeks now). They had a master cast issue that caused a delay and recast of some parts. That's my issue and I'm working through it. BUT they definitely owe you an explanation. Your kit should have included the helmet lens and the detonator tube.

Anyways, you can find similar tubing at Lowes or Home Depot in the plumbing section, near PVC pipes. I have heard vacuum tubing can work too. Just get the right size and paint it grey. The greeblies are kind of another topic. They are typically (and can be) either (2) rectangle and (1) round black button, or (3) rectangle and (1) round black button.

Here's a good topic link where I learned some stuff:

http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=8614

501st Biker Scout CRL:

http://www.501st.com...B_Scout_trooper

Here's the link to their site and the TD:

http://www.studiocre...ut/thebelt.html

That's good, but I meant the PDF showing assembly of the SC thermal detonator using zip ties and connecting to the belt buckle. Does anyone have PDFs of the assembly instructions? Or just a picture of the thermal detonator portion.

Nicole,

I have an SC build and I put my TD together like this:

P1000344.jpg

Here you can see the single ty-wrap through the centre of the TD which attaches it to the tube at the back. The tube is from a Hoover and I suspect it could be bought from the shops????

As seen here:

P1000342.jpg

The two ty-wraps on the outside of the central one attach the tube to the belt buckle. SC drill the holes for you, but I'm not sure if KS do????!

They are placed so that when the male half of the buckle is mated with the female, the ty-wraps do not obstruct the mating action - like so:

P1000347.jpg

I hope this helps you out somewhat. I'm an Aeronautical Engineer and I scratched my head over it for a little while too :wacko: !!

My build is catalogued here: http://s1202.photobu...0Scout%20Build/ . It may help you out with other stuff as well.

Good luck, and above all don't get too angry with it; no-one here has had an easy build!!!!!

Best wishes,

Andy.

Thanks for all the info! My dad is an aerospace engineer so he has been the mastermind of all the technical parts lol... I have 3 midterm exams Wednesday (boo college) so I won't be starting on his until Wednesday or Thursday night... But I looked at it this weekend and realized I was lost lol. Hopefully I can pool together all this info and figure it out =\