Is it just me, or did your chest plate just talk?

I am currently looking into purchasing a little 10w amp set from a BSN member and I wondering what others are doing to mount the amp to the inside of the chest plate? I have SC armor and it seems like I have plenty of room in the chest plate for the amp.

Photos are appreciated :)

I am currently looking into purchasing a little 10w amp set from a BSN member and I wondering what others are doing to mount the amp to the inside of the chest plate? I have SC armor and it seems like I have plenty of room in the chest plate for the amp.

Photos are appreciated :)

I used to have a speaker in my chestplate, but not now. I cut out the rectangle on the left chest and put gray speaker cloth into it. I then mounted the speaker to the inside of the chest plate over the hole with Goop. It worked well for a while, but would cause feedback and distortion after a while. One other issue was rainy or wet troops. I removed it for an event that I knew was going to rain on, and never put it back in. Good luck!

I used to have a speaker in my chestplate, but not now. I cut out the rectangle on the left chest and put gray speaker cloth into it. I then mounted the speaker to the inside of the chest plate over the hole with Goop. It worked well for a while, but would cause feedback and distortion after a while. One other issue was rainy or wet troops. I removed it for an event that I knew was going to rain on, and never put it back in. Good luck!

So do you not use a mic/speaker setup at all anymore? Or did you relocate your equipment?

I've just located mine in my pouches...romfx & batts in one with the speaker in the other.

I punched a hole through the back of the pockets, through the bundand plug into the mic.

I thought about using the chest plate but figured it's a little too high. At first I had the speaker high in my TK but If I was talking to kids or down in general the the mic & speakers electronic fields got a little snug and give off feedback - height wise a TB chest plate is more of a bikini!!

• Like 1

Mine is one of the aker amps...it is attached to the inside of my chest armor with an elastic strap i glued in. I didnt cut out the grey slot or anything. It works great, is plenty loud and i never get feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

use my aker speaker in my left pouch.

Same. I just routed the wire through my suit and through a small hole on the back of the left pouch. Works great, easy to get to and no feedback.