So my bucket looks ridiculous on me...

Nicole

I got my KS helmet kit yesterday, and today I started building it. (they accidentally left out the lens also so I'm going to have to wait for a response). So far I have everything smoothed down and I'm pretty much ready to glue everything down, but I want to wait for the lens. It's only duct taped together, but I can already tell this thing is huge!

Which leads me to this: it looks giant on me. I'm hoping when I'm in full armor it won't make me look like I have a bobblehead, but I'm really worried about looking simply stupid. Since I'm assuming there is no way to scale it down smaller, I was just wondering if anyone knows any smaller scouts that it looks ok on? For reference my flightsuit is a kids medium! lol

• Like 1

I got my KS helmet kit yesterday, and today I started building it. (they accidentally left out the lens also so I'm going to have to wait for a response). So far I have everything smoothed down and I'm pretty much ready to glue everything down, but I want to wait for the lens. It's only duct taped together, but I can already tell this thing is huge!

Which leads me to this: it looks giant on me. I'm hoping when I'm in full armor it won't make me look like I have a bobblehead, but I'm really worried about looking simply stupid. Since I'm assuming there is no way to scale it down smaller, I was just wondering if anyone knows any smaller scouts that it looks ok on? For reference my flightsuit is a kids medium! lol

Your best bet is to try and meet up with some Legion members in your area. Contact the local garrison if you haven't already and meet up and try on their buckets. Should be a good assortment within the garrison.

• Like 1

Am I just out of luck regarding it looking big on me?

Hey Nicole - The girl in this video (riblet) is about your height I think. Her helmet is a KS bucket. I'm not sure about the armor parts, but think it may be KS. The video is pretty funny too.

I actually talk to her via YouTube often, and she's helped me out with a lot of things! I was actually just looking at this video before you posted it, and it looks really good and proportionate on her. I think she might be a few inches taller than me, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I actually talk to her via YouTube often, and she's helped me out with a lot of things! I was actually just looking at this video before you posted it, and it looks really good and proportionate on her. I think she might be a few inches taller than me, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Cool! She is a great costumer and her TB antics are hilarious! I think your helmet will be fine once you start the build, get padding, etc. I'm sure Scott will hook you up with the lens - bummer. If not, I've got some xtra lens material too if you need it.

Is the KS lense good? I want it to be really dark lol... But I still want to be able to see =P where did you get your lense from? I might want to get a different one because it always takes several days to hear from KS and I want to get it done lol

Is the KS lense good? I want it to be really dark lol... But I still want to be able to see =P where did you get your lense from? I might want to get a different one because it always takes several days to hear from KS and I want to get it done lol

I think KS is good. My armor and stuff is coming from them as well. The lens material is some leftover 3mm I got from a welder's shield/mask. Check out CCBacara's helmet build for a sample. B)

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=8685&hl=&fromsearch=1

I looked through that thread and I didnt see anything... I wish there was like an amazon listing that j could buy, like a small piece of tinted acrylic =P looks like I'll just wait for KS to respond. They accidentally gave me two of the baggies with decals and mesh for the ears instead of the one decal bag and the visor! lol

Here are a couple of photos of my KS Helmet with my well and truley trimed down Armor...I am only 4'11

as long as you trim your armor down to your size you will be fine, My Helmet I had already Brought pre-assembled from KS.

5634557324_d19339b115_z.jpg

261684_2011279036020_1065066704_31842199_6939019_n.jpg

I looked through that thread and I didnt see anything... I wish there was like an amazon listing that j could buy, like a small piece of tinted acrylic =P looks like I'll just wait for KS to respond. They accidentally gave me two of the baggies with decals and mesh for the ears instead of the one decal bag and the visor! lol

Yeah, I sent him the lens material for his bucket. He had to trim it and heat it up to fit. Looks good though.

I would repost the photo here if I could but I am currently in Prague vacationing and all I have is my iPad. But yes, griffin-x hooked me up with some shade 5 welders mask material. I made a pattern from my bucket, traced is on the mask and cut it out with regular scissors. Then I heated it up, molded it to the mask, and hot glued it on.

Wow Kelly you look awesme! I'm only about 5'2" so I feel a lot better about it looking proportionate on me lol... I'm sure you understand what I meant by it loking huge. Holding it up to myself in normal clothes made it feel giant.

I would repost the photo here if I could but I am currently in Prague vacationing and all I have is my iPad. But yes, griffin-x hooked me up with some shade 5 welders mask material. I made a pattern from my bucket, traced is on the mask and cut it out with regular scissors. Then I heated it up, molded it to the mask, and hot glued it on.

Your lid is awesome man! Enjoy Prague!

I had the same concerns before getting my kit together, Nicole. I'm precisely your size without shoes on. Thing is, my armor kit is a SC which is slightly larger than the KS armor, buuut the KS helmet being huge as well the whole set evened itself out. The shoulderbells will make you look a little larger and not like a bobblehead.

And then there is your posture and the different angles in which you have your photo taken. Obviously when trooping you shouldn't bobble your head.

Wow Kelly you look awesme! I'm only about 5'2" so I feel a lot better about it looking proportionate on me lol... I'm sure you understand what I meant by it loking huge. Holding it up to myself in normal clothes made it feel giant.

Thank you Nicole :) ......I was sooooo scared I was going to turn up looking like a small person trying to wear big armor B)