KS helmet question

Hey there! I was wondering that if the KS helmet kit would be difficult for me to build? I've built two TK helmets already, I know how to handle e6000 glue (if I ever need some) and I kinda mastered the dremel already. Would it still be difficult? Is there something different about the KS helmet?

From what I hear it's somewhat easy to put together. I've never tried to build anything like it before, but based on what a few poeple told me it's do-able; in a few weeks I'll be getting mine, and according to several friends it's just a few hours of work and not too hard. =] There's also a build thread on how to do it step by step floating around somewhere. Several people who have built it form the kit have told me it's not too bad.

Yeah, not to hard. Just makes sure you trim right. I know when you order a helmet built from KS, they use carpet tape instead of glue. Just remember, E6000 takes time to cure, and there's not too many places to clamp on a KS helmet. The one I put together, I used a bit of ca glue since it dries faster. Just my 2 pennies. Just take it slow.

I've used the same tape (double-sided outdoor mounting tape... strong stuff) when I re-assembled my KS bucket. It's a bit tricky but once you've got things lined up, it's actually not bad. Just take your time and you should be alright.

Yeah, not to hard. Just makes sure you trim right. I know when you order a helmet built from KS, they use carpet tape instead of glue. Just remember, E6000 takes time to cure, and there's not too many places to clamp on a KS helmet. The one I put together, I used a bit of ca glue since it dries faster. Just my 2 pennies. Just take it slow.

Good to know...thanks!

• 3 weeks later...