The Lonewolf Biker Scout lid

Great work so far, nice comparison shot.

As with everything, this kit should go together well if everything is measured well and you don't rush.

Kits will hopefully be made available shortly.

Kit looks brilliant, I sent you John a PM yesterday -did you get it?

Progress pics look good BTW - what glue did you use? as I know some glues

cause the plastic to wrap and melt

Thanks for the build complements folks, and to answer Neil (ukscout) i'am useing E.M.A. plastic weld i've use it on a number of helmet builds and armour and never had a prop with warp bud, i think you may warping if you use to much of any plastic weld product but this has served me well and to honest the 3mm thickness of this lid i'am working on you'd be hard pushed to warp it.

cyber scout,

thanks for the reply to my question, on my TK project I used some glue from B&Q - must of

been the wrong stuff I used as it caused the plastic to melt/warp

Fingers crossed I'll be able to get one of these kits from John to add to my scout collection ;)

Hello all just a quick update on the lid, spent a few hours last night with ref pics from here and Star Wars helmets .com and lined up the blinded and faceplate, this is something ive found comes with practise having build anda number of different scout helmets and as some of you guys will know from making the K.S's from a kits, i'am happy with the result, now all the helmet is glued my next steps will be to cut out the lens and the ears and use P38 filler for the gaps along the seams ready to paint "i'll be pleased when it's white it's weird making a black scout lid :lol:

blacklid005.jpg

blacklid009.jpg

Small, airing on the side of dopey question as I just buy kits/ready made bits but...this is abs right? Doesn't it come in white?

Is not do you have to prime then spray with satin white?

At the risk of being wrong I'll answer. I believe John intends to release them in white, this is a test pull helmet. However, because you will have to attach the parts, add some filler and sand, you are going to have to paint anyway.

Very Impressive!

I wonder if it will fit over the large melon that is my head. The comparison pic is good... but I've never seen a KS up close, so I don't have a good size gauge in memory (MLC and Rubs, yes...). Can you help me with the size relation there, Cyber Scout?

You are very correct David (Whitness) as these are based on the original design even when made in white ABS thay will need to be painted these are a full build not a lid off the rack so to speak, and as David has seid mine is the first 3mm pull hence the black ABS which i will be painting inside and out when ready. And to answer your question Frank (Acrylikhan) yes these are bigger helmets i was going to say about this in one of my next episodes lol, to all you guys who have had props with other lids fitting you wil have no props with this :lol: and frank the size is the same with a K.S. as a D.P. bud

Sorry about jumping the gun on future episodes!!

That is very good news! It'll be nice to have a helmet that doesn't squish my nose when I close the lid down!! :lol:

You have another potential customer.

You are very correct David (Whitness) as these are based on the original design even when made in white ABS thay will need to be painted these are a full build not a lid off the rack so to speak, and as David has seid mine is the first 3mm pull hence the black ABS which i will be painting inside and out when ready. And to answer your question Frank (Acrylikhan) yes these are bigger helmets i was going to say about this in one of my next episodes lol, to all you guys who have had props with other lids fitting you wil have no props with this :lol: and frank the size is the same with a K.S. as a D.P. bud

Hay ho, just thought i'd put a few progress pics on ;)

This is a nice lid to work on and i'am enjoying the build, i'am very impressed with the 80's design, me being an engineer idid not think the film design looked that strong but believe me you can see why the originals have lasted this long lol

I've made all the strutts inside the lid exact to the move use ones.(i have the mesurements if anyone needs them)

i did have a bit of ABS weld leak ARRRHH but i am going to paint the inside white anyway

buildthread006.jpg

i've cut down the visor and shaped both sides to fit using the original mesurements

buildthread009.jpg

buildthread011-1.jpg

Before i start putting the parts in to possition i've sanded the nose down to give it the nice crisp line like the movie scouts

buildthread012.jpg

This is all the parts taped ready to do all the tweeks and sanding useing film reff shots so i'am happy before a commet to glueing

buildthread015.jpg

heres just a comparason shot with my beloved K.S.

buildthread017.jpg

Very nice.

• 1 month later...

Hay Folks going to be doing some more of this helmet and posting up this week not done any for a while as i was ill for a few weeks and then i've had internet props from my service provider so it been a bit of a pain but will put some more progress pics up this week :D

Hello to all! after weeks of being ill i finally got some more done on this helmet, its all filled and painted ready fit the snout and lense and all the other nice bits here's a few pics...... This is a pic with the face plate undercoathed

stuff007.jpg

This lid like i have seid before has been weird for me to build being black but i enjoyed doing it this is it sanded and filled

stuff009.jpg

I've also gone for screen used look inside with painting the it white and also copying all the strutts and adding a M3 9000 headband which i will rivet in as per the original

stuff011.jpg

holly2073.jpg

Hay Andry hope ya well, you'll find it a lot bigger than a K.S. and its more solid and feels like a real helmet, the headband dose not line up with the holes of the helmet but the screen used ones did not,if you look on the screen used one on here the holes were cut from the headband to give room for the bolts and it was then riveted in if you look at a screen used when the visor is up you can see a small rivet near the main bolt hole that's what keeps the head band in, once in the headband is very strong i've used loads of them years ago when i was a welder , the lid sits in a really nice position hope that helps :)

Hay folks been working on the lid all day today, headband riveted in as original decals on and snout plate made but have ran out of gray snout paint, Lid fit nice looking forward to trooping in this :) feel free to as questions

scoutdone006.jpg

scoutdone004.jpg

scoutdone009.jpg