The Lonewolf Biker Scout lid

Hello Mark The headband rivets sit just behind the main visor bolt holes on the originals, when the visor is up you can see them on the movie used helmets, the main holes of the headband were cut off and a 1/4 circle was then cut on each side to give access to the main bolts and then thay were just riverted in, and yes that's my trusty K.S.

here a pic to help :)

scoutdone002.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i just opened my LW kit...and wow. i can't believe the quality of the ABS. it's so thick and sturdy. i'm trimming it tonight.

i'm also surprised by how easily it cuts. almost like butter. two or three light scores with an exacto knife, and snap - it's off.

i just opened my LW kit...and wow. i can't believe the quality of the ABS. it's so thick and sturdy. i'm trimming it tonight.

i'm also surprised by how easily it cuts. almost like butter. two or three light scores with an exacto knife, and snap - it's off.

beautiful, isn't it :)

congrats!!!

I've trimmed everything with dremel tool..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The headband rivets sit just behind the main visor bolt holes on the originals, when the visor is up you can see them on the movie used helmets, the main holes of the headband were cut off and a 1/4 circle was then cut on each side to give access to the main bolts and then thay were just riverted in

scoutdone002.jpg

This is excellent. Anybody try this with an MLCv3 yet? I might have to give this a shot. Will post a thread if I do.

Aaron I tried in my MLCv3, and it was impossible, not enough space to enter with this !!!!!!!

Leo

The MLC is a design derived from the Don Post. as such it is smaller than the original and due to material also has a thicker material strength.

that is why it is not possible to install the liner like the original.

this LW helmet is closer to original specs and also pulled with a near original if not original material.

that is why everything will work as in the original helmet.

Too bad I still don't have one.....sold my MLC to have the funds :(