SC Armor WIP...Need Help!

Great work :).

Thanks guys! Is there a standard for how long the webbing is for the female end of the belt buckles? Basically how far down from the belt are the buckles that connect the drop boxes. And while I am at it I might as well ask, how far down your leg are the drop boxes suppose to be? Seems like every trooper is different and I need a ruff idea before I start cutting the webbing.

The length of the drop box strapping varies depending on the size of your hips. As a rule, you don't want the drop boxes hanging too low. Here is a good example of how they should sit.

photo5jf.jpg

And apologies to the person in this picture, but this is NOT how it is done...

C4-419-biker-scout-trooper.jpg

Here is wear test number 3. I received a new size (medium) flight suit and it fits 100x better. I have also trimmed the shoulder bells 1 inch at the bottom per the recommendations. And of course I got my tank attached to the back and I got my balaclava.

Feedback needed/welcome!

Specifically I am looking for:

1) How does it look? (obviously)

2) Is everything in the right position? I know you said the forearms go over the gloves but it still doesn't feel/look right for some reason.

3) Does the size of everything look correct?

4) Anything incorrect in any way?

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

I am almost done with the belt so I will post those photos soon. Also will be working on the chest/back details in the next few days when I get a few minutes.

I need to figure out how to keep the biceps in place and how to tighten around the neck/collar area...suggestions welcome there too.

Looks good so far. Suit is still baggyish. My biceps stay in place because the velcro is very tight, and I have massive pipes!

...ok, the velcro is tight...

Here is wear test number 3. I received a new size (medium) flight suit and it fits 100x better. I have also trimmed the shoulder bells 1 inch at the bottom per the recommendations. And of course I got my tank attached to the back and I got my balaclava.

Feedback needed/welcome!

Specifically I am looking for:

1) How does it look? (obviously)

2) Is everything in the right position? I know you said the forearms go over the gloves but it still doesn't feel/look right for some reason.

3) Does the size of everything look correct?

4) Anything incorrect in any way?

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

I am almost done with the belt so I will post those photos soon. Also will be working on the chest/back details in the next few days when I get a few minutes.

I need to figure out how to keep the biceps in place and how to tighten around the neck/collar area...suggestions welcome there too.

Looking good! I'm new and in the same boat as you...although you are further in the race than me!

The new flight suit looks much better and not so baggy. I like what you did to the shoulder parts and the back tank. It looks clean and the tank does not look separate, or dis-joined. I have seen that with different armor kits out there.

I can't really offer much more since I'm totally new too. Kudos to you though!!!

:D

Suit looks a bit baggy still, I have just sent a racing suit back last week, it sis very difficult buying without trying!

Use a wee rectanglular grey sticker for the chest detail, it will always be neater than trying to spray it on, there will maybe be a bit on the helmet sticker set you can use. Regarding size of chest detail,the SC chest has too big an indent so just make the rectangle a bit smaller so it appears more accurate.

If you are really fussy then change the forearm black elastic to a thinner size, the originals were thinner than the biceps, the knees actually had two equally thin elastic strips to secure them to the legs, top strap connected via rivets on the return edge.

Looks good so far. Suit is still baggyish. My biceps stay in place because the velcro is very tight, and I have massive pipes!

...ok, the velcro is tight...

I wish there was more I could do to make the flight suit not so baggy, but this is the smallest size I can go and my sewing skills suck. I will have to hope for now that the cummerbund tucks most of that in.

But everything is placed where it should be? The armor size is nice and in the correct places? That is a big concern for me right now...

OH and what do you do to tighten your collar around your neck...?

Suit looks a bit baggy still, I have just sent a racing suit back last week, it sis very difficult buying without trying!

Use a wee rectanglular grey sticker for the chest detail, it will always be neater than trying to spray it on, there will maybe be a bit on the helmet sticker set you can use. Regarding size of chest detail,the SC chest has too big an indent so just make the rectangle a bit smaller so it appears more accurate.

If you are really fussy then change the forearm black elastic to a thinner size, the originals were thinner than the biceps, the knees actually had two equally thin elastic strips to secure them to the legs, top strap connected via rivets on the return edge.

Yep, I really hope that the cummerbund pulls the extra in, or I will need to go to a tailor to have the flight suit tailored. A small size simply wont fit beyond a medium (which is what I got).

Thanks for the advice on the sticker, I was going to use model paint for the chest but I will definitely try the sticker idea instead first.

I am not going to be fussy about the elastic right now, but when I shoot for lancer I will definitely change it out...

Alright so I got the belt done to as much as I can do until the rest of my stuff is here and I can size it around my waist properly. I also want to make sure that the length of the boxes are correct before I trim the excess webbing and sew everything down.

So please as always continue feedback. Is the length acceptable? Other than painting the rivets and using cotton off-white webbing, am I missing anything for Lancer? Does it look good?

Thanks guys!

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Alright so I got the belt done to as much as I can do until the rest of my stuff is here and I can size it around my waist properly. I also want to make sure that the length of the boxes are correct before I trim the excess webbing and sew everything down.

So please as always continue feedback. Is the length acceptable? Other than painting the rivets and using cotton off-white webbing, am I missing anything for Lancer? Does it look good?

Thanks guys!

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Awesome. You are kick'n butt on the build.

Boxes could still stand to come up a tad, but seeing as how it's the nylon webbing, I wouldn't worry about adjusting it until you change out to cotton webbing. Looking good so far.

Boxes could still stand to come up a tad, but seeing as how it's the nylon webbing, I wouldn't worry about adjusting it until you change out to cotton webbing. Looking good so far.

I did end up bringing them up after the photos about another 3/4 of an inch, but like you said there isn't much difference and I will eventually change out to cotton anyway. Right now focus is 501st approval and I think it fits the bill perfectly :)

I did end up bringing them up after the photos about another 3/4 of an inch, but like you said there isn't much difference and I will eventually change out to cotton anyway. Right now focus is 501st approval and I think it fits the bill perfectly :)

Rock and roll! B)

Small status update here. I got an awesome MC snout greeble from a fellow BSN member (thanks Grantd1) so photo number 1 shows the before and after since I painted it. Photo 2 and 3 show the before and after of my chest/back and thermal detonator. Below is what I did:

Chest Square - Dark Grey decal

Tank Topper - White Circle Decal

Tank Topper - Painted Red Stripe with Acrylic Paint

Tank Stripes/Rank - Decals from TrooperBay

Thermal Det Greebles - Also got these from a fellow BSN member (thanks WickedFluxx) and I think they are cucblack. However the SC TD space was two small so I had to cut these down a little bit before E6000ning it :)

As always please give feedback, especially if something seems incorrect for 501st/Lancer?

PS - the TD is just upside down in the photo, I do have the greebles on the correct side!

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Small status update here. I got an awesome MC snout greeble from a fellow BSN member (thanks Grantd1) so photo number 1 shows the before and after since I painted it. Photo 2 and 3 show the before and after of my chest/back and thermal detonator. Below is what I did:

Chest Square - Dark Grey decal

Tank Topper - White Circle Decal

Tank Topper - Painted Red Stripe with Acrylic Paint

Tank Stripes/Rank - Decals from TrooperBay

Thermal Det Greebles - Also got these from a fellow BSN member (thanks WickedFluxx) and I think they are cucblack. However the SC TD space was two small so I had to cut these down a little bit before E6000ning it :)

As always please give feedback, especially if something seems incorrect for 501st/Lancer?

PS - the TD is just upside down in the photo, I do have the greebles on the correct side!

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

I am so jealous! Great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update. I got my cummerbund and pouches from Debbie and finished my belt. I took photos last night of my 4th fit test.

I got my boots today, but since I am so short the holster is not going to fit...so I am going to have to seriously cut it down.

Anyway...let me know what you think. Corrections and criticism are very welcome!!!

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Here is an update. I got my cummerbund and pouches from Debbie and finished my belt. I took photos last night of my 4th fit test.

I got my boots today, but since I am so short the holster is not going to fit...so I am going to have to seriously cut it down.

Anyway...let me know what you think. Corrections and criticism are very welcome!!!

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Looking really good Luis! Your bund looks great too.

I have today off and have been working hard to finish my costume since I got up. I have riveted the holster to the boot, which was a lot harder and took a lot more time than I thought it would since I had to trim it down drastically and round the corners. Now all I need to do is finish my flight suit and then I should be 501st ready! I will post the photos of the finished product in another thread.

Once I am 501st ready I will start looking towards upgrades, addons, and Lancer!

More to come later I hope...

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

PS - I am getting super excited!!!

• Like 1

I have today off and have been working hard to finish my costume since I got up. I have riveted the holster to the boot, which was a lot harder and took a lot more time than I thought it would since I had to trim it down drastically and round the corners. Now all I need to do is finish my flight suit and then I should be 501st ready! I will post the photos of the finished product in another thread.

Once I am 501st ready I will start looking towards upgrades, addons, and Lancer!

More to come later I hope...

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

PS - I am getting super excited!!!

As always, nice work Luis! I should have my armor parts in the next week. The holster has been bugging the crap outta me since I have NEVER done a rivet. What was the hardest part of it?

Seriously man, I've followed your progress since the beginning. AWESOME! :D