Biker Scout Carbine Guidelines

So until recently I thought the pistol and "scout sniper" was the only thing we could carry at non-canon events. But now I see there is this whole carbine thingy. So I think I have the rules correct in that as long as it is a non-canon event and my CO doesn't say anything to me, I can carry a pistol, sniper, and or carbine. (correct me if I am wrong).

With that said, I have obviously seen the guidelines for the pistol. And while there are no set guidelines for the sniper, the DLT-19 with a scope is pretty much the standard look everyone goes for.

But what about this carbine? I have combed the forums looking at pictures of other folks carbines and ALL of them look different. Not a single one looks the same. So does that pretty much mean anything goes? Just your interpretation of what you think it should look like?

I “acquired” a Recon CS-6 from my son (meaning I had to make a crack deal by offering to paint his Boba Fett blaster to make it look like a movie prop) which seems to be a good standard that other folks are using to make their carbine. I made a few minor modifications to it but cutting down the butt stock to make it shorter, remove the barrel iron site, and moving the red dot from under the barrel to the scope position. But honestly that is all I really want to do to it…I think it looks BA just like that. Of course I will sand away all the logos and warning labels, but I like the way it looks.

So bottom line question I guess is…is that acceptable to the biker scout community? Or is someone going to give me hell for having a painted nerf gun with no mods?

For non canon events, you can carry anything you want. The carbines people use and make are based off of the concept artwork created prior to the filming of ROTJ. There are two separate carbines seen in that artwork.

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

I use the Recon CS-6 too for my carbine. All I did was add a different scope and change up the bottom mount under the barrel. Then I painted it black, painted the grip and stock wood, and just added silver and grey weathering. It is perfect because you can shoot darts and everybody.

0726111109.jpg

For non canon events, you can carry anything you want. The carbines people use and make are based off of the concept artwork created prior to the filming of ROTJ. There are two separate carbines seen in that artwork.

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

One of the girls in the ukg used to own the top concept carbine. It was a beautiful piece of kit. If I ever make one it'll be that one. Looks so right with the scout.

Hey Andrew,

What kind of scope is that? It looks really good on the gun.

-a

I use the Recon CS-6 too for my carbine. All I did was add a different scope and change up the bottom mount under the barrel. Then I painted it black, painted the grip and stock wood, and just added silver and grey weathering. It is perfect because you can shoot darts and everybody.

0726111109.jpg

I'm wondering if the Nerf CS-35 "Raider" would make a good starting point for a carbine along the lines of the first concept art Witness posted... thoughts?

Because it already has the forward handle, if you got rid of the stock and drum magazine and added a sling, seems like you'd be in the ballpark.

BD753FF119B9F3691094C857B2D51853.jpg

Here is the carbine as Vixx made it.

vixx1.jpg

vixx2.jpg

This is freakin amazing...I love it! Unfortunatly I have to work with what I have, so mine will look a lot more like a painted nerf gun then anything else. But someday.....someday.

I got all the nerf labels and such scratched off last night and the first coat of paint done. I will try to finish the weathering tonight and be done with weapons for a while. Of course I will post photos when I am done!

Cheers

Guest Shale
Hey Andrew,

What kind of scope is that? It looks really good on the gun.

-a

Definitely would like to know what scope you got on there.

I'm using an air soft FAMAS for my carbine. Hey, it doesn't look like anything in the concept art, but is almost unknown to us Yanks!

IMG_1159.JPG

Lots of work filling screw holes and seams, sanding down mold marks, before it gets painted.

Dude, that looks amazing to me. I love your weathering skillz brotha...! Nice job.

There is some great art on this link but think this is mostly an interpretation.

Imperial Scout Trooper

One of the pics looks like an e-11. I kind of like that...a modified e-11, tricked out, and battle worn.

ScoutBattle-TSS.jpg

Dude, that looks amazing to me. I love your weathering skillz brotha...! Nice job.

There is some great art on this link but think this is mostly an interpretation.

Imperial Scout Trooper

One of the pics looks like an e-11. I kind of like that...a modified e-11, tricked out, and battle worn.

ScoutBattle-TSS.jpg

That picture is from the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game. I used to have an E-11 with a shoulder strap just like that.

tumblr_ln2r754KTU1qlr93co1_500.jpg

That picture is from the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game. I used to have an E-11 with a shoulder strap just like that.

tumblr_ln2r754KTU1qlr93co1_500.jpg

Thanks! I love that look; it's pure and seems genuine. Now we need some grenades for the Rebel Scum!

Well, I finally got the acrylic rods epoxied in and sanded on my FAMAS, and will do a quick and dirty paintjob this week so I can use it at Mechacon. Have a gaming convention this weekend at the National World War II Museum, so a good paintjob will have to wait! So many toys, so little time!

Just a reminder to everyone that despite all of this LFL approved artwork, anything other than a holdout blaster is still not canon. Be careful what you troop with anything else.

Just a reminder to everyone that despite all of this LFL approved artwork, anything other than a holdout blaster is still not canon. Be careful what you troop with anything else.

10-4, thanks Dave.

Here's a shot of mine:

IMG_2571b.jpg

Yep, well aware that the only canon gun is the holdout blaster. Leaves a great openning for non-canon events.

I like the little hand-held. :)

IMG_2516.jpg

Here's my non-canon BFG, also a Nerf Recon CS-6.

Before:

IMG_2586b.jpg

During:

IMG_2618b.jpg

After:

IMG_2670b.jpg

Also just finished an E-11 kit.

IMG_2543b.jpg

I like the little hand-held. :)

IMG_2516.jpg

Here's my non-canon BFG, also a Nerf Recon CS-6.

Before:

IMG_2586b.jpg

During:

IMG_2618b.jpg

After:

IMG_2670b.jpg

Also just finished an E-11 kit.

IMG_2543b.jpg

Great weathering man! What color/brand of paint are you using for your black and weathering...?

Great weathering man! What color/brand of paint are you using for your black and weathering...?

Thank you! I am using Krylon gray primer, w/flat black and then a bright metallic and a darker metallic. I'm using q-tips and a sponge. I don't have it down fully, but getting better!