Against my better judgement...

I purchased a pair of boots from eBay. I love eBay, and the only thing I have ever used eBay for in making my 501st costumes was footwear. I bought my German jacks for my IC/TI on eBay, and that was pretty much a no-brainer.

But after having read the TB Boot tutorial, I decided that I would most certainly screw up the first few times if I attempted making them myself. Then I saw a listing on eBay for Biker Scout Boots, custom-made to the wearer's size, that look as if they are made precisely to the tutorial's specifications, so I bought them. I am awaiting their arrival in about a week or two.

I was just wondering if anyone here has used the same maker or can look at the seller's product and see if there is anything I'm not seeing that would stop these from being approved.

Moderator took down the link to the auction. Here are some pics from the seller's listing:

KGrHqYOKjYE4DgkS2qeBOGLprUnUQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqYOKpcE35skWVbZBOGLpuWBp0_3.jpg

KGrHqUOKpE3tEjoSmmBOGLp6S4Cg0_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKowE35O-ektBOGLqCFCi0_3.jpg

I purchased a pair of boots from eBay. I love eBay, and the only thing I have ever used eBay for in making my 501st costumes was footwear. I bought my German jacks for my IC/TI on eBay, and that was pretty much a no-brainer.

But after having read the TB Boot tutorial, I decided that I would most certainly screw up the first few times if I attempted making them myself. Then I saw a listing on eBay for Biker Scout Boots, custom-made to the wearer's size, that look as if they are made precisely to the tutorial's specifications, so I bought them. I am awaiting their arrival in about a week or two.

I was just wondering if anyone here has used the same maker and can provide me with reviews or problems that they have had.

URL REMOVED

I'm right behind you. I took the leap this morning and noticed that one other person has as well. It must be you!

Let me know how it turns out.

Well... at least the boots look right. Make sure to post up when you get them and give us lots of photos. Just by looking at them, they look like they'll pass the CRL.

• 2 weeks later...

They are a little baggy above the dogbone up the calf, but they look really good, clean lines. If you apply for Lancer, you will need to make cuts in the soles.

They are a little baggy above the dogbone up the calf, but they look really good, clean lines. If you apply for Lancer, you will need to make cuts in the soles.

Yeah, they are a little stocky. Probably has something to do with the cushioned ankles on the biggie work boots inside. For Lancer, in addition to making the cuts in the sole, wouldn't I also have to make the upper and lower soles the same tan color? These boots have a tan and brown sole. I'm sure they can be painted at some point.

Yeah, they are a little stocky. Probably has something to do with the cushioned ankles on the biggie work boots inside. For Lancer, in addition to making the cuts in the sole, wouldn't I also have to make the upper and lower soles the same tan color? These boots have a tan and brown sole. I'm sure they can be painted at some point.

I'm picky, but not that picky. We have to make due with whatever boots we can get. I'm lucky to have boots that are mostly the same color. I don't ask people to paint the soles, but if they want to, have at it. Now, if we're talking a multi-color sole where one of them is a primary color, then we'll have to talk :)

The boots arnt bad at all, but as you say baggy around the ancle. That is only due to the upright part being to large in the first place before gluing them on, they could have been about 15-20mm narrower when built but hey ho, still not bad and very passable for 501st clearance ;)

I thought it was written in the lancer regs once upon a time for a one colour sole? There not hard to find single colured ;)

I'd love to see more photos...perhaps with the boots on you? Did you attach the holster? I'd like to see photos of that too...

Got the holster attached over the weekend, boots are done except for putting some white paint on the Chicago screws (went with them over rivets, much easier to dis-assemble if needs be). The boots are really only baggy because I have big calves and the maker simply kept the 19" circumference the whole way up the shaft instead of tapering the shaft of the boot, which is probably the correct thing to do.

Pics will be up later...

Got the holster attached over the weekend, boots are done except for putting some white paint on the Chicago screws (went with them over rivets, much easier to dis-assemble if needs be). The boots are really only baggy because I have big calves and the maker simply kept the 19" circumference the whole way up the shaft instead of tapering the shaft of the boot, which is probably the correct thing to do.

Pics will be up later today...

Mine will probably be the same as I have huge calves also sitting at 17inches myself and I am only 5'4...so they are pretty freakin big, LOL.

Pics will be up later today...

I'm just waiting on the armor/holster for mine. I'm interested in the Chicago screw idea...I have never been a rivet head. :D

As promised, the pics of the boots with the holster attached. Keep in mind I haven't painted the screws yet. They do stand up pretty well on their own.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDQtMjAxMTA4MTAtMjIxNy5qcG

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDUtMjAxMTA4MTAtMjIxNy5qcG

Very nice. Did you use anything as a backing on the inside? I really like the removable Chicago screw idea too. Looks cool.

Very nice. Did you use anything as a backing on the inside? I really like the removable Chicago screw idea too. Looks cool.

Yeah, I added to ABS straps on the inside, as support for the holster and as washers for the screws:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDctMjAxMTA4MTAtMjMxMi5qcGc.jpg

Yeah, I added to ABS straps on the inside, as support for the holster and as washers for the screws:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDctMjAxMTA4MTAtMjMxMi5qcG

Sweet! I really like the overall approach. :)

I can't remember...have you scored a blaster yet?

Awesome! Can't wait to get mine and do the same thing...but I will use rivets just cause that is what they did in the movies.

I feel you. I received all of my armor this week, and after looking at it, I think I'll just be lucky enough to get it Legion-approved. The whole Lancer thing is no longer my goal.

I feel you. I received all of my armor this week, and after looking at it, I think I'll just be lucky enough to get it Legion-approved. The whole Lancer thing is no longer my goal.

Hang in there man. B)

Why, what is wrong with your armor that it might not be 501st approved? Your boots look perfect to me!