Did I make a mistake?

UPDATE: I finally got my SC armor yesterday (I will make a WIP page for sure) and I just wanted to let everyone know...the pistol fits in the holster!!! YAY!!!

Fantastic mate... Thats great news...

All the best with your build bud. :D

Oh the resin blasters lol. I am retiring mine with my current TB as it is just very fragile and pretty heavy in the boot while walking around, especially up stairs. Make sure you really secure that thing down because if it pops out for any reason or just goes flying something will more than likely crack, break, or chip off. I will highly recommend getting a hyperfirm one to anybody that is very mobile, gets down on their knees a lot, or frequent the blaster poses. I know for sure the hyperfirm version is what I will be using with my new TB.

But nonetheless, your blaster came out really nicely mate :) Now, just be careful with it because it is the equivalent to a glass bottle :P

Wow, that looks pretty good. How did you do the weathering? Mine is done except for that part. This material is more like a rock, than a typical resin cast. Very heavy...

Wow, that looks pretty good. How did you do the weathering? Mine is done except for that part. This material is more like a rock, than a typical resin cast. Very heavy...

silver, grey, and black acrylics most likely, possibly even sprays rubbed on with a sock.

silver, grey, and black acrylics most likely, possibly even sprays rubbed on with a sock.

Ah...good idea with the sock. I will try that one with some sort of grey metallic. Thanks!

Ah...good idea with the sock. I will try that one with some sort of grey metallic. Thanks!

Np man. Yeah when I weathered my weapons I used a sock with sprays to get it how I wanted. When it came to armor though I used acrylics, water, and a fiberless towel.

Weathering is what I am best at. Just know that the base coat is just as important. I use an Ultra-Flat black made by Krylon and let it dry over night. Then I take a Krylon Stainless Steel spray paint and a sponge or foam brush. I lightly spray the sponge or brush and then I rub out all the paint onto a piece of cardboard till there is next to nothing left on the brush or sponge. This is known as a form of dry brushing. When you rub the foam over the black, all of your corners and peices that pop out will get the majority of the paint and the rest will fade to black.

Does that make sense? I didn't explain it very well, lol.

Weathering is what I am best at. Just know that the base coat is just as important. I use an Ultra-Flat black made by Krylon and let it dry over night. Then I take a Krylon Stainless Steel spray paint and a sponge or foam brush. I lightly spray the sponge or brush and then I rub out all the paint onto a piece of cardboard till there is next to nothing left on the brush or sponge. This is known as a form of dry brushing. When you rub the foam over the black, all of your corners and peices that pop out will get the majority of the paint and the rest will fade to black.

PS - I have just recently discovered that this blaster and the eBay seller I bought it from had a big scandel a while back with another BSN member. So I regret buying it and will not recommend it to anyone else, even though I had none of the same issues.

On a side note, this kit is very heavy, however I honestly like that. It will probably never go in the holster since I will pose with it for photos and the weight makes it feel a bit more realistic :)

Great explanation. I'm going to trick mine out this weekend. The base blaster, primer, and finished black coat are done. Will post a pic this weekend. Thanks again and nice job on yours.

PS - I have just recently discovered that this blaster and the eBay seller I bought it from had a big scandel a while back with another BSN member. So I regret buying it and will not recommend it to anyone else, even though I had none of the same issues.

On a side note, this kit is very heavy, however I honestly like that. It will probably never go in the holster since I will pose with it for photos and the weight makes it feel a bit more realistic :)

I picked mine up from a prop seller who is not on ebay. I do a lot of ebay-ing but found this shop while doing a search. It came to me in 2 pieces - gun and scope, with a little pre-sanding and filling already completed. I sanded the rest and base coated it with some red-oxide primer (that always works for my guitars and stuff...). Then I hit it with several coats of flat black Krylon. It also weighs a ton, but I like the feel of it. I have dropped it already, but that just gave it more character!

Primed:

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

Painted:

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg