KS Armor problems

Guest JoJoScout

Got a full set and a built up lid a couple of years ago and I was totally disgusted TBH, I opened the box with such excitement and then my jaw fell through the floor, I have binned better stuff than that in my workshop. Covered in dents, mould faults and imperfections... un-usable.

I contacted Scott straight away and to his credit got a reply straight away saying he wanted to see what I wasnt happy with. I toook a load of pics and sent them to him, he said they were there to make it screen acc :( , he said that his workshop makes them for him (not near him ..cant remember where but a long way from him) and he would have a word with them.

Again to Scotts credit he did give me a full refund not problems at all, I just had to pay the $100 to ship back...which I did then got a SC on instead.

So mixed there really, disappointing costume ..really good after service, I know others that have had great Lids and great armour so it seems hit and miss :)

Heres the pics if you want to see them.

http://www.fettgear.com/KSBS/

Got a full set and a built up lid a couple of years ago and I was totally disgusted TBH, I opened the box with such excitement and then my jaw fell through the floor, I have binned better stuff than that in my workshop. Covered in dents, mould faults and imperfections... un-usable.

I contacted Scott straight away and to his credit got a reply straight away saying he wanted to see what I wasnt happy with. I toook a load of pics and sent them to him, he said they were there to make it screen acc :( , he said that his workshop makes them for him (not near him ..cant remember where but a long way from him) and he would have a word with them.

Again to Scotts credit he did give me a full refund not problems at all, I just had to pay the $100 to ship back...which I did then got a SC on instead.

So mixed there really, disappointing costume ..really good after service, I know others that have had great Lids and great armour so it seems hit and miss :)

Heres the pics if you want to see them.

http://www.fettgear.com/KSBS/

Hey...I checked out your photo album, not nice. Glad they worked it out with you.

I got a note from KS over the weekend and my helmet/armor kit should ship this Friday. It should have expedited shipping but will take at least a week since I am in Texas (coming from Canada), eh?! :D I'll update this topic with pics, etc and based on my conversations with KS expect this to be a good run and set. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I got a note from KS over the weekend and my helmet/armor kit should ship this Friday. It should have expedited shipping but will take at least a week since I am in Texas (coming from Canada), eh?! :D I'll update this topic with pics, etc and based on my conversations with KS expect this to be a good run and set. :ph34r:

Lucky for some still waiting to see if mine will ship out, hopefully it will. 23 days until my first troop but it won't be if I don't get my helmet haha,

:blink:

Mostly...the chest and back pieces do not fit good and look funny. The tank topper is warped and overall the tank looks funny. :(

The other parts (knees, shoulders, elbows, biceps) are not bad and look very clean and sharp. The bucket is really nice and once I replace the snout greeble, paint the snout, replace the stickers, and bolt covers...will be very very sweet. I like the fit, size, and weight of the bucket for sure. It's much lighter than my TX helmet. :)

IMG_2995b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Penn Chemist

Sorry if I am digging up outdated posts.

But this has me very concerned... has KS since worked out their QC issues here? I mean for the money, some of these are just awful looking I think.

Have they been delivering a more reproducibly nice product? Or does one have to roll the dice when openning their box for say a KS helmet?

Received mine a couple of weeks ago and there are a couple of pull lines on the ears which seems to be the norm and a couple of bits need re-shaping with heat. Seems to me that most KS helmets are like that. I will just completely re-do mine with bondo, sand then paint for the best finish. Other than that, it still comes out looking nice from a distance and still worth the money in my opinion.

Guest laderniere

Getting my KS armor shortly (hopefully). I'll be sure to post if there are any significant flaws. Keep your fingers crossed!

Guest Penn Chemist

Ah that would be great to hear your feedback on the quality of your armor as it arrives, thanks Amanda!