KS helmet turn around

Guest crazak22

I sent them an e-mail a few days ago they sent one back later that same day. Remember they have full time jobs, they will get back to you as soon as possible.

I think it was posted that recently KS had been busy. Remember the time he gives you is just estimates.

I don't think he's screwed anyone out of their money, just be patient.

It took a little longer than I expected for me to get my helmet & blaster, but I finally got them. They were worth waiting for.

Every time I emailed him, he was quick to reply and very polite. I think he's been busy lately working on different projects, so it might take a little longer for him to get back to you.

It took a little longer than I expected for me to get my helmet & blaster, but I finally got them. They were worth waiting for.

Every time I emailed him, he was quick to reply and very polite. I think he's been busy lately working on different projects, so it might take a little longer for him to get back to you.

everything is resolved I just got an email apologizing for the delay and an update on my order :D I over reacted and got worried >_

Took 10 weeks to get my helmet from KS 2 1/2 years ago. You people with your 4 week ship should consider yourselves lucky. ;)

KS is a professional movie/TV prop company. They work full time on big jobs and do biker scout helmets and other stuff on the side. Sometimes, with changes to movie/TV schedules, people like us get pushed to the side and they don't always manage to keep contact the way we wish they would.

One thing I have found in the costuming/replica prop world is patience as a buyer is always required. Real life issues, busy real life job schedules, funding, and other things that cause delays happen all the time and are often beyond the control of the artists. I have delay issues all the time, because I have a wife and two kids, an 8-5 daily job, taekwondo, church, volunteering, trooping, and then throw in unexpected things. Unless I post a 1-10 week turnaround, I'm likely to have to apologize all the time for delays, it's always better to estimate low and apologize for delays than say "yeah, that could take up to 10 weeks" and nobody want my items, even if I can make a 3 day turn around on occasions.

Guest JoJoScout

I try to contact KS about my helmet, it seems to have some little dents here and there, guess it did not come outof the pull nicely.. How is your helmet??

I've seen some come out that way, and even mine had a few imperfections when I got it last year. Still a good bucket, and I figures the small flaws give it some character.

I was on a tight deadline to have the scout completed and ready for a large con, so i placed an order for the complete armour and helmet, already made. It was completed about 3 weeks after the website timeline says. The armour has some pretty bad pulls and the helmet is not much better.

I made this video of the armour, quality is not the best.

KS makes excellent helmets, but their body armor leaves something to be desired. Proportionally, some of the sizes are off, chest and backplate are too wide. I do not discourage people from using KS, or even Atin for that matter, but I will always recommend SC or MC for the body armor.

I try to contact KS about my helmet, it seems to have some little dents here and there, guess it did not come outof the pull nicely.. How is your helmet??

Did you order a built one? My helmet came in built and, to my surprise, really great looking overall. The gap between the lid and the bucket is a little wide but I have no complaints.

Guest JoJoScout
Did you order a built one? My helmet came in built and, to my surprise, really great looking overall. The gap between the lid and the bucket is a little wide but I have no complaints.

Yes I have the built one. :mellow: I have alot of dents.

• 3 months later...