scout build progress

Shyrax

I've noticed in several pics of people's tank toppers that the circle had been painted white. I do not see anything in the CRL for Lancer about it. Is this optional or a must have?

I've noticed in several pics of people's tank toppers that the circle had been painted white. I do not see anything in the CRL for Lancer about it. Is this optional or a must have?

I've seen pics with and without, but I will say that all of the build progressions I looked at, when I was putting together my SC kit, had the white circle. I figured better safe than sorry, especially as I work towards Lancer sometime this year.

Coming along nicely!

I've had the same problem.

I was told that marine vinyl is what we need.

I found a few sites on-line and have ordered some samples from them before I order.

If I find one that I like the thickness of, I will let you know.

Tracy

Boot questions...

All the vinyl I have looked at Joann's and Hancock seems to be too soft. Seems that it would collapse under the weight of the holster and blaster. Should I be looking for maybe a pleather?

Should the vinyl be smooth or grooved to look like leather?

Can someone possibly post a link to the vinyl they used when creating their boots?

Maybe I can convince someone to send me a swatch?

Will do, thanks.

Broke out the calendar and counted back weeks since ordering my KS helmet. Yesterday started the 9th week. For the completed helmet from them they have it marked at 6-8 weeks for delivery. So... hopefully they are on schedule and it will be shipping on the next couple days. Fingers crossed.

Added magnets to the holster and blaster to help hold it in place. Works pretty good.

Waiting for me when I got home today...

IMG_0209.jpg

I have already removed the snout and painted. The replacement MC snout has been finished for a week or so now. My taping skills have obviously left me though. Got some bleeding. Will have to clean that up before attaching the MC.

Gotta order my bolt cover replacements. I've been slacking on that one. So who is it on here that has them?

Another month or so of waiting for the soft parts though.

Guest crazak22
Waiting for me when I got home today...

IMG_0209.jpg

I have already removed the snout and painted. The replacement MC snout has been finished for a week or so now. My taping skills have obviously left me though. Got some bleeding. Will have to clean that up before attaching the MC.

Gotta order my bolt cover replacements. I've been slacking on that one. So who is it on here that has them?

Another month or so of waiting for the soft parts though.

Quick question. What did you do when you replaced your snout. Did you superglue it on the helmet? I am waiting for a KS helmet too. should be at my house in a few weeks.

Quick question. What did you do when you replaced your snout. Did you superglue it on the helmet? I am waiting for a KS helmet too. should be at my house in a few weeks.

Haven't actually glued it on yet. Will let the paint sit until tomorrow and then will clean up the border of the black. Will be gluing it on after that with E6000.

Snout is glued in place. Removed the rubber around the back neck of the helmet and glued more plastic in for reinforcement. Picked up the mounting hardware kit today for the bolt holes. Will put them on tonight. Balaclava came in yesterday.

Will try to get pics of me in everything tonight and get posted for all of you. Been slacking on the pics lately.

Everything other than the flightsuit, vest, cumberbund and pouches.

I dropped my camera while setting up for the pics. Doesn't focus properly anymore. This is the best pic I could get out of it. Can't tell much though. Going to have to buy another camera now.

DSC00412.jpg

the cat does not seem impressed....

He was watching out for the dog. As soon as he quits paying attention the dog will pounce on him.

I pulled all the Skydex padding and fans out of my TK bucket and added to my helmet. Added the mic for my sound too.

IMG_0213.jpg

what fans do you use.

I bought the fans from one of the other TK's on FISD. He has an on going sale for them. At the time, he had 2 different types. Looks like he only has one of the types available at the moment though.

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to his sale or not.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...