Keeping blaster in holster?

bluehickey

If I put my blaster in my holster, as soon as I start walking around it falls right out. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? Perhaps an additional clip inside the holster for the blaster to lock into somehow? I've thought about having velcro in the holster but that would mean that there would also need to be velcro on the blaster itself which wouldn't look very good in photos.

All I know is that it stinks having to hold the blaster the whole time. It would be nice to fit the blaster in the holster and have it stay in, and also know that I don't have to worry about kids walking up and swiping it out of the holster quickly.

I made a thumb-break strap for mine similar to that of pistol holsters. Its basically a 1" white webbing strap that loops around the bit that sticks out of the back of the pistol (next to the sight). It loops around and closes with a push-snap. The strap is held to the holster with a rivet.

Doesnt look out of place i dont think and holds in it rock solid. I tested it by sprinting up and down the stairs at home :lol: Something you cant do in TK armour ;)

You can sort of see it in this picture

60285_440364073393_649473393_5082152_7420252_n.jpg

I counter-sank a rare earth magnet into the button on the grip of my blaster. When I get my kit, I'll be gluing a second rare earth magnet on the side of the holster which rests on the boot shaft. I figure that'll hold the blaster in place pretty well!

I know I had a really bad problem with kids taking mine out of the holster at an event. I tried the velcro first, (they sell very thin black velcro and you can't see it where it's placed) but the velcro was so strong I would have to yank on it to get it out. So then I went with the strap. I used some scrap white leather, rivit and a snap...works like a charm.

I have fifty pieces of velcro snarled up in a know inside my armor build box.......so I cut off a small circle of fuzzy, black velcro, and glued it to the "button" on the grip of my blaster. It is the same size as the diameter of the "button". I then glued a piece of white hook side velcro to the inside of the holster.

It stays put.

I will probably be going to magnets when the velcro eventually pulls off.

med_gallery_15056_127_1778437.jpg

I did the magnet mod and also glued some thin foam to the inside of the holster. Holds the blaster very well with no slop.

I made a thumb-break strap for mine similar to that of pistol holsters. Its basically a 1" white webbing strap that loops around the bit that sticks out of the back of the pistol (next to the sight). It loops around and closes with a push-snap. The strap is held to the holster with a rivet.

Doesnt look out of place i dont think and holds in it rock solid. I tested it by sprinting up and down the stairs at home :lol: Something you cant do in TK armour ;)

You can sort of see it in this picture

60285_440364073393_649473393_5082152_7420252_n.jpg

Well, I tried using magnets on my foam blaster, only to find that there is no metal in it at all, but rather plastic, so I guess I won't be securing it in with magnets.

You mentioned that your strap closes with a push-snap, do you un-snap the strap every time you put the gun in, or do you just pull the elastic around the gun? I'm going to use this method on my holster, but am just wondering if the snap is necessary or not, otherwise I'll just rivet in both ends of the elastic.

You realise you'll need two magnets for the previous idea ? One gets mounted in the pistol itself and the other in the holster. Most people drill out the 'button' or 'switch' on the left-hand side of the grip and place a magnet in there. Possibly i have misunderstood you . . .

Mine uses a webbing strap so it is not elasticated. It needs to be clicked shut each time. The idea being if you are planning on marching or running about then you can secure it. If you are staying still for periods of time you can just drop it in. However elastic would do the same job

I've been using 2 tiny pieces of black dual lock velcro on the top and underside of my TPE pistol with 2 white pieces of normal white loop velcro inside the holster, never had any problems with it moving and can take the pistol out no problem, the velcro on the top is hardly noticable at all!

I have fuzzy black velcro on the "trigger" guard, and white bristle-ey velcro in the holster. You realyy don't notice it on the blaster, and it stays put. I don't really pull it out much anyway.

I have fuzzy black velcro on the "trigger" guard, and white bristle-ey velcro in the holster. You realyy don't notice it on the blaster, and it stays put. I don't really pull it out much anyway.

Me either, I have two small kids, so me and the wife don't get a lot of alone time. Oh, wait. That's not what you were talking about?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Me either, I have two small kids, so me and the wife don't get a lot of alone time. Oh, wait. That's not what you were talking about?

LOL

Anyway back on topic, I did what other scouts do with velcro. I put little bits of black hook velcro where my blaster touches the holster. Then I put corresponding white loop velcro on the holster. No one notices it and it keeps it in place while moving. Since I started trooping the velcro has come of parts and I just took most of it off now because my blaster stays in place. My blaster only fell out once when I got up at an awkward angle and someone ran over and gave it to me. I'll think about replacing the velcro - my hyperfirm blaster was expensive and I'd rather not replace it.

• 2 months later...

I liked Andry's take with the foam, so I did a combo with foam and magnets as he did and it holds it in nicely. I used Velcro to hold the foam to the inside of the holster (self-adhesive kind of Velcro) so I could replace the foam easily, should something happen.

Holster with Foam

Holster with Foam and Pistol

• 1 month later...