Sci-Fire Kashyyk Scout Trooper Helmet progress...

Boy....they just let anyone in here!!! LOL. Hi Turo. I know this is an ugly helmet. I think so too.

Awesome job so far man.

Maybe I could use some of these parts on this armor to help me build my own version of the scout trooper.

:P

No reason to feel bad really Denny... yes its a crappy recast, but your error was in not doing research before you decided to purchase the helmet. Don't feel bad for buying it... like everyone hates you for it or something. Jeez, if you can turn it into something relatively nice by reworking it, go ahead. Don't spend your hard earned money and then let people talk you into destroying the item.

I understand that SF is a place that everyone wants to stay away from... but the only way to know that is if you research very hard to find out who is not worthy of our business. If you make the mistake of buying from someone that's blacklisted... don't worry about it. Don't feel bad, just know that you should've researched it a little more (if you do actually care about buying recasted stuff, because some people don't give a rat's ass about it as long as its cheap).

The bottom line is don't make anyone feel like they should get rid of the item that they spent their money on. Just give advice on how to better it, or where to get it next time.

Thanks Clay. That means alot. So, with the permission of everyone here, what I would like to do is make the one I have that looks damaged (Lightsaber or blaster fire)

Guest Rangerbat2008
Okay. Well, this has been a long time coming. Slavefive and I wanted to start showing some of the progress of the Kashyyk Scout Trooper Armor Project. This thread is specifically geared toward the helmet. We've been working on a 3D model for a bit now. The armor models are pretty much done. The helmet is near completion. I will post some more pictures when I get a chance. The idea is to grow and CNC the master parts. The parts will be molded and then turned into vacuum form bucks. Some parts may need to become fiberglass.

DSC08811.JPG

Hello Gentleman,

I was just reading your entry and your venture in the 41st Elite/BARC (?) trooper armor. i would like to know when you will have this project underway? i am interested in doing the 41st Armor and would like to know if you can keep me posted as to when you will have those things ready? i already have the helmet, but i don't have the body and leg parts. will you also be doing the amo boxes that fit onto the vest? please keep me up to date? i would like to have the armor done before the SD Comic Con. thank you very much and i hope to hear from you very soon?

Anthony S. Toledo

Col. USAR MI

Hello Gentleman,

I was just reading your entry and your venture in the 41st Elite/BARC (?) trooper armor. i would like to know when you will have this project underway? i am interested in doing the 41st Armor and would like to know if you can keep me posted as to when you will have those things ready? i already have the helmet, but i don't have the body and leg parts. will you also be doing the amo boxes that fit onto the vest? please keep me up to date? i would like to have the armor done before the SD Comic Con. thank you very much and i hope to hear from you very soon?

Anthony S. Toledo

Col. USAR MI

Welcome Col. Toledo. Nice to have an honorary and active 501st member on the Pathfinder message board.

Welcome Col. Toledo. Nice to have an honorary and active 501st member on the Pathfinder message board.

Hey Col Toledo,

Nice to have you onboard! I have upgraded your status so you can see more of the board now.

Welcome aboard!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are doing a wonderful job. I am hoping that i can eventually afford one if you keep in production with this item. I will start saving up some money on the side and in a year or so maybe longer I could afford it. I have to finish up my TB and do some modding to my Vader to become 501st quality. Hoping to pick up on this project eventually. Thanks and keep up the good work all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

We've finally started the CNC stage of this project and things will start to move quickly here. Below you can see the chest mold master as it came out of the CNC. We are using a dense foam to capture sharp edges and detail. There will still be a bit of sanding and work to do after they are CNC'd but the quality and accuracy will be spectacular. I can't wait!

dsc088111.jpg

kashyyk-3q1.jpg

sf-kashyyk-chest-0051.jpg

sf-kashyyk-chest-0031.jpg

sf-kashyyk-chest-0011.jpg

Thanks very much. Now that we're done with the Clone Trooper armor, we are looking forward to working on this. We will have the bucks done within the next couple weeks. This project will move quickly. It should be fun. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

We had a little time to work on the helmet today. My back is still bothering me so Slavefive had to sand parts...lol. It's looking good so far. Obvously, we have a bit of work still on the main helmet and the visor has not been touched yet. The texture, of course, will not be there on the final helmet. That is just texture left behind by the poly-primer.

dsc00101.jpg

dsc00107.jpg

dsc00106.jpg

dsc00104.jpg

dsc00103.jpg

Guest Stormleader

These are going to be awesome. It's cool to see something physical that's exactly the same as what exists inside the computer. Can't wait to see the whole kit together and painted!

Thanks. I did some work on the visor but ran out of primer. LOL. I never thought that would happen. I still need to do some work on the visor interior and close the gap between the visor and the dome. The snout parts are cut and will be applied shortly after.

dsc001061.jpg

dsc001041.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That bucket looks absolutely amazing, keep up the GREAT work! I would love to get one of these and an armor set.

• 5 months later...