Sci-Fire Kashyyk Scout Trooper Helmet progress...

We could do that but this helmet has a giant opening at the bottom. since there really isn't a neck hole. It's bigger than the biker scout. There really aren't any undercut on the underside of the helmet.

Guest TK-2416

You guys are moving fast! I am quite sure that I am going to get one someday (soon)... well first I need your clone armor... I think it is about time that I start to get some discount, already invested in 3 of your great blasters.. ha ha ha :P Keep it up!!

Let me ask this question...

What size helmet works for you guys? If you don't mind, maybe answer in the format below:

1. Master Replicas Ep. III helmet - too big?

2. Efx Ep. II helmet - too small?

3. etc.

We have most of the helmets that are out on the market so we can use that to judge. I'm concerned with the interior. I want to make this thing so it's small but not too small. I've got one shot at growing this. It's going to cost about $2800 to have grown. That doesn't include clean-up and/or machine missing or deformed parts, etc. I want to make sure this thing is the right size +/- 3%. I know 3% is a large margin for error in size but not everyone will fit the helmet unless I make this thing giant and I won't do that.

If you have any scout helmet I'd say a tad bigger than a regular rubies or its derivates.

This is assuming the original scout helmet was bigger too just that the vinyl casting process

has lead to shrinking of certain parts.

This way a wide range of heads will fit in there without getting too big I think.

John, as you and I have big melons, I personally would prefer such a bucket on the larger size. If it's too small, then it would just be a display piece. The size of an Altmann or a KS biker scout helmet works well for me.

Guest TK-2416
John, as you and I have big melons, I personally would prefer such a bucket on the larger size. If it's too small, then it would just be a display piece. The size of an Altmann or a KS biker scout helmet works well for me.

I agree - the size of Altmann would be great :D

Ugh. I don't have an Altmann. I will try to find one. I know I have a giant head but some of you guys with the alien shape rear portions of your heads need more room. You know who you are. ;)

Let me see what I can do.

Ugh. I don't have an Altmann. I will try to find one. I know I have a giant head but some of you guys with the alien shape rear portions of your heads need more room. You know who you are. ;)

Let me see what I can do.

I resemble that remark!

I have spoken with one of the guys at KS because I have a gigantically freakish noggin (25" circumference not including ears) and he assured me that their bucket would fit me, because it fits him and his head is bigger.

No reason to feel bad really Denny... yes its a crappy recast, but your error was in not doing research before you decided to purchase the helmet. Don't feel bad for buying it... like everyone hates you for it or something. Jeez, if you can turn it into something relatively nice by reworking it, go ahead. Don't spend your hard earned money and then let people talk you into destroying the item.

I understand that SF is a place that everyone wants to stay away from... but the only way to know that is if you research very hard to find out who is not worthy of our business. If you make the mistake of buying from someone that's blacklisted... don't worry about it. Don't feel bad, just know that you should've researched it a little more (if you do actually care about buying recasted stuff, because some people don't give a rat's ass about it as long as its cheap).

The bottom line is don't make anyone feel like they should get rid of the item that they spent their money on. Just give advice on how to better it, or where to get it next time.

This has to be the ugliest helmet in the Star Wars Universe.

:lol::lol::lol:

Arturo

....arrr, but as the saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

and BOY!!, do I want to 'Behold' this little beautie.... :D