Sci-Fire Kashyyk Scout Trooper Helmet progress...

That already looks quite impressive. You seem to incorporate a lot of the details

the concept illustration has revealed. If so - I wonder if you're going to open up

the vents beneath the lens frame, forehead and on the back of the nose as well?

These would be quite practical preventing fogging and help the general air

circulation.

I know that the original on screen characters only had textures indicating that

there might be vents but I'm sure those functions were intended by design.

While looking at the renderingis somthing hit me as odd about them. then it hit me the chin looks wrong (I think) Please tell me if I'm wrong on this.

Kashyyykcorrection.jpg

And if you don't like me using your renderings I'll erase them. Let me know.

Denman

I was thinking the same, but I thoght it was just me looking at it wrong :D

John

Fantastic work so far, thank you for showing this great progress pictures

I can't wait to see more :)

LOL. Actually, it's okay using the renderings. That part is correct on our model though. I'm not being sarcastic when I say that we appreciate you guys critiquing the model. It's will help so we don't miss something.

Here are 3 photos of my helmet that I'v been working on for the past 3 months (all the bondo and sanding and yet to be painted) I got it from SF for $XX.XX dollars, cheep considering all the extra work I have to do to it.

PHOTO 1

PICT0002.jpg

PHOTO 2

PICT0003-1.jpg

PHOTO 3

PICT0007.jpg

Denman

Sorry to say this, and there is probably no nice way to say it but

That helmet is a poor re-cast of Mike's (pghfett) helmet and was one of the

main contributing factors of him stopping producing his magnificent props.

Its tainted goods, and no one will or should touch ANY SF with a barge pole.

I know you paid good money for it, But if it was me I'd smash the granny out of it or

burn it.

Please don't think this is a personal attack on you, I just think that you have to draw a

line in the sand and stick by your own moral judgement and mine will ALWAYS be on

the side of the talented artist who created the object

John

Please forgive me for bringing up this subject, I know its the last thing that you want

in this post celebrating your new creation, but I felt that I just had to say something.

Unfortunately Billhag is right :(

On the positive side of things I'm glad that sci-fire now has the correct dome shape.

Denman

Sorry to say this, and there is probably no nice way to say it but

That helmet is a poor re-cast of Mike's (pghfett) helmet and was one of the

main contributing factors of him stopping producing his magnificent props.

Its tainted goods, and no one will or should touch ANY SF with a barge pole.

I know you paid good money for it, But if it was me I'd smash the granny out of it or

burn it.

Please don't think this is a personal attack on you, I just think that you have to draw a

line in the sand and stick by your own moral judgement and mine will ALWAYS be on

the side of the talented artist who created the object

John

Please forgive me for bringing up this subject, I know its the last thing that you want

in this post celebrating your new creation, but I felt that I just had to say something.

You are absoluty correct. That's why I said that I will buy the compleat set from Sci-fire. And yes there will be a DESTRUCTION PARTY soon.

Kashyyk%20WIP%2003.jpg

Kashyyk%20WIP%2002.jpg

Kashyyk%20WIP%2001.jpg

Finally! Someone BELIEVES ME when I said that the back chest armor OVERLAPS the front armor on the sides!

Helmet: Looks Great so far! The details on the upper side of the helmet are there! Great work! The dome at the very top of the helmet has the correct shape in the front, but should swoop back into more of the shape from the classic Biker Scout from ROTJ. Is the nose area that faceted? GREAT WORK ON THE ANGLED JOWELS and on the seamline between the faceplate and bucket.

Will you be making an option to make the faceplate swing up on a hinge like the ROTJ scout?

GREAT JOB!

Frank makes some good points. Here is my take illustrating some points:

What we see in this pictures:

- possible evidence for edge below the cheeks in CGI

- different lens frames in illu (current Sci-Fire WIP) and CGI

- bow of nose arch smoothly

- different impressions of the dome shape (I'd say the golden middle is making it a tad straighter than TB)

kt_comments.jpg

Discuss...

Yeah. We've noticed those differences also. Many of the subtle differences will be corrected by hand vs. on computer. We are using the computer to get the symmetry and the correct shape of the overall to high details. The fine tuning will be done after we have the physical part in hand.

LOL. Sorry computer lovers, it's still easier to make sculpting changes by hand. The opening on the top of the visor in our model has rounded corners which will be removed on the physical master.

Amazing work so far. The clone belt I got from you guys is awesome and took paint alot better than I thought. Hopefully I can get on the list one day for a set of the clone armor (amazing looking) as well as set of this armor. Sorry if this was answered earlier but are you going to make this a 2 piece helmet with flip up face? Thanks for all your great work. Now to bookmark this thread....

Currently, we are not planning on making this a flip up face plate. The helmet does not have enough clearance to do that without making it inaccurate. Once we have the grown part back, we will take a look at the helmet and see if there is anything we can do.

Currently, we are not planning on making this a flip up face plate. The helmet does not have enough clearance to do that without making it inaccurate. Once we have the grown part back, we will take a look at the helmet and see if there is anything we can do.

How about making them two seperate elements but instead of a flip visor making it an attachable

visor with an embedded thread and screw bolts? Just in case some heads might not fit through

the neck hole.