Sci-Fire Kashyyk Scout Trooper Helmet progress...

Okay. Well, this has been a long time coming. Slavefive and I wanted to start showing some of the progress of the Kashyyk Scout Trooper Armor Project. This thread is specifically geared toward the helmet. We've been working on a 3D model for a bit now. The armor models are pretty much done. The helmet is near completion. I will post some more pictures when I get a chance. The idea is to grow and CNC the master parts. The parts will be molded and then turned into vacuum form bucks. Some parts may need to become fiberglass.

DSC08811.JPG

Sorry guys. We should have introduced ourselves since we have not been very active on these boards. Slavefive and I (postmortem01) generally have been known for making rubber blasters and such. We've recently moved into the armor arena. We started with the basic clone armor. The clone armor project is essentially completed and now we are moving on to the project we've really wanted to do which is the Kashyyk Trooper.

Here are some pictures of the clone armor that we've recently made...

DSC08619.JPG

DSC08622.JPG

DSC08660.JPG

DSC07833.JPG

DSC08618.JPG

DSC08643.JPG

DSC08644.JPG

DSC08711.JPG

Excellent job... looking forward to seeing a helmet. Any chance you guys could do the traditional Biker Scout helmet? You'd have a pretty good market considering there is only 2 helmets readily available, and one is widely regarded as rubbish. Just a thought ;)

I definately love your clone armor - especially the use of flexible parts I like the most.

One day I like to speak with you about one of those armors ;) (Actually I tried already on CTN

but maybe that message got MIA).

I'm pretty sure the Kashyyk Trooper will become awesome and the right people took over

the heritage of Mike. Nevertheless I hope we get the chance to examine the final 3D meshes

before you're switching to CNC and casting process.

I guess what is left is a new run of Reinone for boots ;)

Guest C Rennie

Hiya Chaps

I have alot of background in 3D and used to operated a 3D Scanner for rapid prototyping and reverse engineering.

I used to scan or make models and then make and STL watertight model and either have them bulit in a rapid prototyping for smaller objects or get them routed out on a CNC axis router.

I wish i still had access to this gear i could get a scout helmet mould made in no time.

shame

Craig R

I apologize to our German and out of country 501st counterparts. We will probably not release these out of the country. It's nothing personal. We have several German friends, two of which we just met recently. We are just trying to support our comrades here who have been recast.

The German Garrison's representative made it very clear that they did not care about recasting and we are S4!t out of luck if we get recast. For now, we are limiting shipments to US based. Again, our apologies but it's necessary since we know this will cost us in excess of $10K to just get the masters done.

Yes unfortunately after much deliberation and thought we came to the painful realization that, until things change within the 501st regarding recasting, we will need to limit this to within the U.S…

We felt that it was necessary to address this publicly in the beginning since we feel that interest will be high on this project...

Please let us not take away focus from the Kashyyk Trooper Project by dicussing the "do's and dont's of selling Internationally"...

Feel free to PM or email us anytime...

Laters

Lewis :)

slavefive@cox.net

john and lewis - very nice work. shame to hear I will not be enjoyin any of it being based in UK :(

but will defo be lokin forward to this project!

however, fully support ur clear and concise stance on recasting.

kudos to the both of yer

Nate

Thanks Nate. We're getting brow beat on the 501st board for this decision but like I said. Somebody has to try to protect our fellow armorers. You would think that 501st members would look out for each other dispite living on different continents. Apparently we are not so much brothers as we thought.

Again, our apologies for this decision. We are supporting PGHFett and SGB as well as many others with our stance.

Apparently we are not so much brothers as we thought.

Unfortunately it seems like that. Too bad for me burying the project once again.

However - good luck with the project and show the world how a Kashyyk Trooper

has to look like.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard John and Lewis. Great to see you on this board. I know your efforts will develop another great suit. Pathfinders, to see any example of one of their hyper-firm weapons, check Army Scout's Rubber Blaster interest thread.

sidedone2.jpg

The detail on that clone armor is flat out awesome. I am Floored. WOW.

My bud here Goro said it would be awesome... It is.

Keep up the good work guys.... If you do Vader... Its on! ;)

Guest TK-2416

The Sci-Fire team is the best.. I've got the Scout blaster, E-11 and the DLT-19 - and these are great!! I cant wait to see your finished product!

I really hate the recasting scumbacks.. We need to support the great guys who spend lots of hours and money in developing the best armors out there.. I would rather pay more and then make sure that I contribute to the great hobby.. If we dont do this, the hobby will simply die and we will all end up with poor kits..

I respect your decision on limiting your sale area.. But please remember not everybody living in Europe are bad guys ;)

You need to find a reseller in Europe :lol:

Keep it up!!!

Guest TK-2416
Thanks dude...your costumes have really set the bar...FISD Elite, MEPD Deployed, and now BSN Lancer???...LoL!!!!

EMail me sometime :)

Laters

Lewis

slavefive@cox.net

Thanks bro! I sure will ;)

Already considering my next costume :P

[/center]

Your armor looks awsome, you guys should take on the Clone Scout Helmet from the Clone Wars movie. That the next costume I wanna do and so do some others, if you guys could do the helmet you could do really well with it. The armor you have now is sweet looking. If things get better after the new year I wanna get armor from you guys and I hope you take on the Clone Scout helmet too.

We still have issues with some of the modelling at this point. We are working on adjustments right now of the upper torso. The helmet still has some details missing that we are working on. Overall, this project is going well.

Kashyyk%20WIP%2003.jpg

Kashyyk%20WIP%2002.jpg

Kashyyk%20WIP%2001.jpg