Gulliver's ROTJ Scout Trooper

I'm not the best at documenting my projects so I apologize for what is going to be an incomplete WIP, but I figured I could start asking questions in my own build thread rather than starting a new thread for every little question I have.

Overall info for my build: I bought the RS Props kit for both the armor and the helmet. I'm decent behind the sewing machine so I am making or modifying my soft parts except the gloves which came from Endor Finders. Also got an Ukswraths amp and speaker kit for my helmet.

Current status of the build: Helmet is being painted. Armor is cut out and ready for strapping. I have my chest and back armor together and rigged the zip ties for the shoulder bells. I tailored my flight suit and added all the suede patches and loops. EC-17 is printed and painted (ready for assembly). Currently sewing my flak vest and will be starting boots in a day or two.

Which brings me to my current question. I'm trying to do as much right the first time as possible (as I am sure we all are) so I went to measure my vest sleeves by using the shoulder bells - and my shoulder bells look big to me - especially in height. I know RS Props had pencil lines for me to follow on these, but they still look oversized to me. I wanted to get your guys' thoughts before I start trimming away.

I also noticed that I have a return edge on the bottom of the shoulder bell which I thought was correct, but I can't seem to tell where I got that notion from. It's hard to tell, but I haven't been able to see that edge in reference photos or on others builds - but it is so small it can be hard to make out. If there isn't a return edge on the bottom, I think I got the answer to my question.

Thanks! I'm excited to share progress as I make it (and remember to photograph)

The length of the shoulder bells looks okay, but yes, the width seems to be on the bigger side. The bells on the film armor, which the RS suit is derived from, were fairly wide as well. I would start getting the rest of your costume fitted and sized up, before you trim the bells. And for the flak vest, the width of the bells doesn't matter anyhow.

Arm%20Armor%201.jpg