Rust-Oleum Custom Lacquer - Automotive Paint

Has anyone tired Rust-Oleum Custom Lacquer for their helmet paint (see link)? I'm getting ready to paint my RS Helmet and in doing research on here it seems like we know the originals were Ferrari White, but the common rattle can option is Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch or an Appliance White paint. Seeing this is a gloss white paint for cars, it seems like a decent option, but I'm also afraid to ruin all my hard work with the wrong paint. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

https://www.autozone.com/paint-and-body/lacquer-paint/p/rust-oleum-custom-lacquer-gloss-white-spray-paint-12oz/1100911_0_0?spps.s=481&cmpid=SPL:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:GEN:pdp&CATARGETID=120054150001288829&CADevice=c&gad_source=4&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3vO3BhCqARIsAEWblcB7Z4-tJVltX1UFFiLptb6QxOFL2Ec9uAWC14szvooVxEGH8KlkD3waApWrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&=undefined&new_store_set=true

I have not heard of anyone using that specific shade of white. However, if you want to give it a try, you can buy it and spray it on some scrap abs plastic to see how it looks. 

• Like 1

What ^Corey^ said. basically, as long as the helmet matches the armour (more or less), it's fine.

If you *do* give it a try, do some tests and post up here if you can. It would be nice to know if it's a good option for a nice glossy paint job.

• Like 2