Questions about DLT-19x guidelines

Aurel

Hello,

I would like to know some precisions about the CRL guidelines of the DLT-19x, to verify a 3d print.

image.png.ba0832796e895eabbcfeee0f767ca0fa.png

Can someone give a visual/picture about the T-tracks on the barrel, the ejection port cover, the small disk, and tell me if the prop scope must be seen through?

Thank you for your help!

Do you have a particular 3D model that you're looking at? If so, give us a link and we can take a look.

The singlepoint scope, same as the one used on the holdout blaster, needs to be integrated into the larger rifle scope.

The prop scope does not need to function as an actual scope.

See attached photos for additional details.

MG-34_Disc_01.jpg

T tracks. Example from regular DLT19, but they're the same type.

oc54tah8.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you @Chopper

Actually, it's a 3d print from a seller, I don't have the 3d model nor 3d printer. I want to make sure everything's ok as I've been disappointed in the past.

Seller is ok to add required details. I have a video which I can share to you via pm, but I will ask for close up pictures for you.

Thank you

You don't need to see through the scope. Here are some shots of mine that I've been using for the last 7 years. 0e47722b7b02d943997fb94d6429d2ae.jpg06162ff66a2f3e57d2ac5bf7897eaeec.jpg9a1ae6951dad650852aeed410a5f1d90.jpg704c407a94cf46157be7dc556e0b6b66.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hi all and @Chopper @Aradun @Jakeputt

Here are some pictures, tell me if you need other ones:

cj11yi2.jpeg

0nlY9gE.jpegfDNA6Y6.jpeghUTQEJV.jpeg

VGwN1kR.jpeg

Fusw2X9.jpeg

So far, what I found is:

- The cylinder on the right side is missing

- The disk on the left side is missing

- The little notches on T tracks are present but no wire, this I can add myself.

- Is it relevant to say some screw heads are missing? Compared to @Chopper pictures, and near the grip

- The weapon measures 1m20 approximately.

Thank you

The cylinder on the right side is the charging handle. That part needs to be added along with the disk and the wire. 

Can't comment on the correct size at the moment, but @Aradun has provided that info in the past. 

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The cylinder on the right side is the charging handle

Yes sorry, I've seen how it works, but I couldn't put a name on it ahah

So you mean the charging handle must be aligned to the disk on the other side, like if it was one unique part?

No, it is not one part, nor intended to be.

The charging handle needs to be added on the right side.

The disk needs to be on the left side in the position indicated in the photo I posted the other day. 

The original MG34 measured 1219mm so that's the ballpark you want to be in with any 3D print.  The model you are looking at isn't approvable due to the issues noted.  You could conceivably add the disk and charging handle.  The disk isn't flat, like a washer, but has a convex shape to it, though you could probably get by with an appropriately sized washer.  The charging handle is another issue and the more difficult of the two.  You might be able to get by with an appropriately sized dowel but securing it to the 3D print will be the real technical challenge.  Because it protrudes so far out from the body of the blaster it's likely to get knocked off if improperly secured which may damage the blaster. I'm not sure how you'd mount it securely or if it's even possible. 

• Thanks 1

@Aradun thanks for your answer. Is the port cover also correct?

Could you share close pictures of the shape of the disk, and charging handle? Also, do you have or know a place where I could get the accurate 3D models of these two parts?

I found something like this https://www.rona.ca/en/product/reliable-fasteners-flat-ring-washer-1-in-dia-zinc-plated-4-per-pack-wwz1mr-13998062

But you said it needs to be convex on the outside?

I’ll get measurements and photos for you shortly once I leave work.  

3 hours ago, Aradun said:

The original MG34 measured 1219mm so that's the ballpark you want to be in with any 3D print.  The model you are looking at isn't approvable due to the issues noted.  You could conceivably add the disk and charging handle.  The disk isn't flat, like a washer, but has a convex shape to it, though you could probably get by with an appropriately sized washer.  The charging handle is another issue and the more difficult of the two.  You might be able to get by with an appropriately sized dowel but securing it to the 3D print will be the real technical challenge.  Because it protrudes so far out from the body of the blaster it's likely to get knocked off if improperly secured which may damage the blaster. I'm not sure how you'd mount it securely or if it's even possible. 

They'd need to either drill or model an appropriate diameter hole to insert a dowel or acrylic rod.

Okay, here are my photos. The disks measures about 5/8” and you can see the shape in the photo.

72da03a29cd856852a42aebcd226c9c8.jpg
46743c8dd1c30df6f4045323b177ec1e.jpg

The charging handle protrudes 2” from the side of the blaster and is 7/8” in diameter. I’ve included a shot of it’s placement so you know where to install it should you elect to get this model.

98c2e56861586bf900193c5ca1ca711b.jpg

08dc3966f2d97a2130472af42fd8e8a3.jpg

I’d be hesitant to drill a hole myself because the model is not solid and the drill will likely shift in the open spaces of the fill pattern used in the print.

If they can do something for you, it’d be better.

• Like 1

@Aradun Thank you very much. I will see with them if they can print these two parts. So the disk does not need to have a little hole in the middle like in your picture? 

Also would you agree if they place the handle here:

oz4WdJo.jpeg

I will see with them what they can propose so it's as solid as possible.

Is there anything else to add/change other than these two parts?

Thank you.

Correct on both counts. If they cannot accommodate, reach out to DBay94 on Etsy. He’s in the German Garrison and makes an excellent DLT19X. It’s not listed in his Etsy shop, but if you message him, he’ll get you sorted.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Dbay94?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=631634387&from_page=listing

I can second Jorg at Dbay94

i bought both a dlt19 and dlt-20a from him and the communication and product itself ( made in petg ) were excellent 

I also came across this one: https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/1066454680/

Also PETG. Would you say the overall quality / details are better or equivalent than yours? 

I don't know anything about painting and weathering, would you say it's achievable for a beginner? Do you know tutorials?

Thank you.

That model would meet the requirements in the CRL for approval, but whether or not it is approved would depend on how you finish the item.

You’d need some CA glue or other equivalent to assemble the pieces. Some primer-filler spray paint to prep the pieces for paint. Flat or semi-gloss black spray paint to finish the model and some silver or metallic paint for dry brush weathering. There’s a lot of different ways to finish this, but the above is the most simple for someone new to all of this.

Order the DLT19X without the tripod. Don’t order the DLT19X Pro. To meet Legion requirements it either has to have the tripod without the scope (DLT19 version) or the scope and no tripod (DLT19X version). The Pro version isn’t approvable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Aradun and @TreeHuggerMatt and all 😁

So, I contacted Dbay94, and he still offers the DLT-19x even though it's not in the listing anymore for whatever Etsy policy reason...

Here are some pictures he shared (stored on Etsy, I hope it shows well in this post):

icm_fullxfull.704053723_c5f9ax9htq0ww488

icm_fullxfull.704053785_btwlt57uou80k4w4

icm_fullxfull.699698282_ci91jmc6fjksgw08

icm_fullxfull.699701842_buo76r1y6bcwc4ww

icm_fullxfull.704057503_bjhiln1za6g4ws8o

icm_fullxfull.704057537_1pb7sds17540o480

icm_fullxfull.699702356_i1g2e18xvooo00ww

icm_fullxfull.704058101_d3y2w30syr4s4csw

icm_fullxfull.699702610_mt9z8pwjopw4gc44

Unfortunately, he doesn't have close pictures of the scope itself, so is there someone who owns a DLT19x from Dbay94 who can share close pictures of the scope and confirm if it's accurate?

For the rest of the weapon, he confirmed it's based on MG-34, 1.20m long.

Thank you!

Ok, I thought it was maybe longer than the scope from the CRL picture:

Generic-dlt19x.jpeg

His DLT19X will clear when properly assembled and painted.  It’s a good model.

• Like 1

Ok, he's making a version "Ready for troop" which would be painted + weathered I guess. Just waiting for his final confirmation, in English I hope, as I don't understand German very well 😁

• Like 1