Should i retire or fix my rs props rotj scout trooper armor?

Hey pathfinders forums, TK 74182 here. Quick question. I'm having problems with my rs prop masters scout trooper armor and i dont know if should keep repairing it or retire it for good. i had this costume for a while now since my high school days back in 2016 when it was my first 501st approved costume. but unfortunately there has been some noticeable aging issues during my recent troops. the middle part of the upper chest piece keeps cracking sometimes and the soft parts like the cummerbund keeps drooping hard to the point that i need extra stitching. i tried fixing it when my local garrison started armor parties or when i asked a member to repair it. but no matter what i do, it seems like it keeps getting new problems anyways. so what should i do? 

Can you replace the parts that are faulty?

• Like 1

You can repair cracks to a point, but the repair is usually only temporary.

While the choice to retire the costume is ultimately a personal one, as Kris said you can always look into getting replacement parts.

And with the soft goods, it sounds like it's less of a wear issue and more of a tailoring issue? In which case, you can seek out an alterations shop to try and get a better fit.

You can also add velcro to keep things together, as in this thread:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

You can repair cracks to a point, but the repair is usually only temporary.

While the choice to retire the costume is ultimately a personal one, as Kris said you can always look into getting replacement parts.

And with the soft goods, it sounds like it's less of a wear issue and more of a tailoring issue? In which case, you can seek out an alterations shop to try and get a better fit.

You can also add velcro to keep things together, as in this thread:

thanks, i'll look into it

• Like 1