Cleaning Tips for your Biker Soft Goods?

Hello!

I have been looking on the forum for a topic on this and can't seem to find anything. I have been trooping in my Biker Scout for almost a year now and I need some tips. I have been hanging the soft goods up after troops to dry and I've just sprayed with Febreze. I am starting to feel self-conscious of the actual cleanliness of the suit and I wanted your opinions on how to best clean the suit with removing weathering I've added, plus I've heard the the suede parts of my flightsuit "technically" can't be washed by standard washing methods. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

Dry cleaning uses solvents to clean the textiles, so I wouldn't use that as my first choice if you're concerned about the weathering.

I've always hand washed my goods in the tub with cold water, a little bit of woolite, and then just let everything air dry.

• Like 2

Throw in the washer, hang to dry.  Put the cummerbund and vest in one of those washing machine bags so they dont get all twisted up.

• Like 1

Just wash in cold water in the casual or gentle cycle. Never had an issue.

Also, if you ever DO need to re-wear the suit the same day or within a turnaround shorter than a wash/dry cycle, get some alcohol in a spray bottle (or cheap vodka), turn the smelly bits inside out, spray the areas down liberally and let hang dry. It won't clean it but the alcohol will kill the bacteria so it won't be smelly.

• Like 1

Yes forgot to mention -- wash in cold.  Gentle cycle, just like @Dart says

Some people hesitate to do this because of the suede patches -- don't worry about that.  The washing weathers them and makes them look broken in.  

• Like 1

I asked the same question of these guys back when I was a newb and got the same response. I’ve been doing as Bikerscout007 and Dart have suggested ever since without any issues. Suede looks great too with a nice weathered look.

• Like 2