Otto's shore trooper build

Got my kit from imperial surplus! Starting with the legs. Lots of you tube and working, you tube and working. 
Think I need to get some bondo too... 

20240620_113917.jpg.2dd6fd41decc9f77927e9b362634ba24.jpg

Exciting! Looking forward to watching your build progress. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think you'll need Bondo for? It has a tendency to crack. For filling cracks/gaps - think about doing ABS slurry or even paintable caulk.

14 hours ago, KOtrooper said:

What do you think you'll need Bondo for? It has a tendency to crack. For filling cracks/gaps - think about doing ABS slurry or even paintable caulk.

The build videos from Imperial Surplus use it for things like the back of the sniper knee where they fill in the ABS shell with EVA foam and then fill in around the edges with bondo. 

I was thinking I'd also use it for the leg clamshell joint to smooth it out.  I hadn't heard of ABS slurry. I just looked it up. How do you keep the slurry from dissolving too much of the ABS you are applying it to? Does it just evaporate before it does? I guess that would end up being like a weld...

I make my slurry pretty thick and do multiple light passes. Remember, the armor doesn't need to be rock hard - just has to look like it. I'd fill in the back of the sniper knee with the foam and paintable caulk - it's more forgiving than bondo.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while. Finished assembling the arms. The belt is next. I got my belt from KeepTrooping and the buckle is taller than the plastic buckle. Advice on hiding? 

Also, on the shoulder pads, I didn't fit them with snaps yet. I was thinking of starting with velcro and only installing snaps if they didn't hold well. 

Did anyone line the inside of the shoulder pads or use them straight?

image.thumb.jpeg.f46423eef4c095c496671b19220994c5.jpeg

I use mine as-is.  I've found it kind of helps that they can "float" a bit, even though they are held in place by the t-straps.

• 3 weeks later...

Your build is looking great! 

Those parts on the left are for reinforcing the top of the back plate where the shoulder straps tuck in. 

The parts on the right are for housing your snaps and reinforcement inside the biceps. 

I'm currently building the same kit. 

• Like 1