MGabriel74 Shoretrooper Squad Leader (Mandalorian) Sean Fields 3D files

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Here is my build journey.  Just to recap, I'm from South FL looking forward to be part of the 501st Everglades Squad. I started my build in January-2024 (except for the helmet and Blaster, which I printed in 2023).  It took approx. 10 kg of PLA filament.  I used 3 Artillery Sidewinder X2 and 1 Creality Ender 3 V2 on this project.  Along the way, I had to re-print some parts to ease wearing them, but overall was a straight process. I hope this post can motivate others to do their own build and join this AWESOME community.  I have to thank Joe @Minimo and @KOtrooperfor all their kind support and motivation!.  Is important to note that these files at 100% were modeled for a 5'06" 165 lbs person, which I'm not.  I'm 6'00" 190 lbs, so I had to increase the scale to 115% (just as a reference).  I strongly recommend to use "Armorsmith" to save time and money printing your build to your actual dimensions.

I still have some work to do, weathering the hips and hand plates. the EVA Foam front & back covers on the chest piece, and attaching the M54 Pouch to the Abdomen piece using snap buttons.

Helmet was a single print. The visor was printed separately.

sbeqQIQ.jpg

I initially printed the chest V1 (old version), but the realized a V2 (shown below) was available, so I printed.  The Back part including all the required details per CRL is in Thingiverse. Do not print the one in the folder to save you time and money, plus to have the correct version.

J6Ilxq7.jpg

2TTeYzJ.jpg

5CxXXMd.jpg

jNuVkbA.jpg

hBd3DRx.jpg

Image below with my son at an Armor Party (Apr-2024) with the Everglades Squad.  Shout out to Eric Elg for his kindness and help!. 

ogRT73E.jpg

SETBqbK.jpg

For the undershirt, I found this fabric at JOANNS and saw it myself (for the 1st ever sewing) so, don't kill me! LOL.  There is certainly room for improvement, but I'll have fixed/cleaned soon.

xLxPh6k.jpg

I "tried" to follow some weathering techniques, and here are some of the results.  Again, will do my best to improve it as we go along...

BDxReJV.jpg

xqbSUXK.jpg

L7JmuzA.jpg

mODbXj4.jpg

9zVuJEg.jpg

I added two 5v fans using the 2000mAH Lipo Batteries, a small on/off switch and step-up boards.

nh6LX0g.jpg

The parts shown below are hold with neodymium magnets, to ease the assembly and storage of the costume.

gi9o5pt.jpg

gozY4Y6.jpg

Just as a reference, I used BEHR "Dark Truffle" Flat spray paint on the entire build as the base color.

QkGiRa3.jpg

JlDHybc.jpg

Cfzu7kL.jpg

omHvSHG.jpg

The use a mannequin helps a LOT to properly align things and adjusting here and there. Highly recommended!

suatWWf.jpg

8dqLSFC.jpg

Q0sqdsI.jpg

U4XPgTB.jpg

jmJ0pRm.jpg

3btCkgz.jpg

tX9Tstn.jpg

This is picture BEFORE weathering my bucket!

arGoYEX.jpg

QLsUyz5.jpg

eYdQUNI.jpg

ssmrfQ3.jpg

fde1gd8.jpg

I ordered my pants with Darkside Closet on facebook.  They should arrive by the end of this month (HOPEFULLY).  My goal is to wear it in July and submit my build for approval.  

Thanks!

Edited by mgabriel74
to add pictures

Woohoo! Coming along Gabriel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Minimo

I recognize is not perfect but I feel good with how is coming along... Thanks Joe for your support and inspiration! GO GRUNTS!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your build is looking great! Undershirt looks fantastic! Did you have to sew the ribs or was that all just in the fabric?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi @KOtrooper,

Thanks for your message.  I was able to find a fabric with very similar characteristics in JOANNS.  

Thanks to @Minimo, I modified the undershirt as shown below. so the ribs are in a vertical direction in the upper chest area only. 

XBpEUYl.jpg

XysSDvk.jpg

And this is the most recent picture with everything weathered. 

RiZJInI.jpg

Can't wait to receive the pants from DarkSide Closet, to submit my build.  SuperCon (Miami) is around the corner and I'm hoping I'll be able to troop with my Son, as I promised him!.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I received the pants (level 1) from The DarkSide Closet, and I'm SUPER Happy with the fitment.  Here are 2 pictures for your reference.

GGBQ6ww.jpg

MnaP11L.jpg

Now I can submit my build for approval. Wish me luck and THANKS again to all of you for posts, comments and suggestions.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello All,

Quick update. Thanks to @Kilika Chris, who remind me about the hand plates. I noticed after his message that I had the old version; So, I printed them yesterday night, sand and painted them today and, now I should be ready to submit.

Nu3LOTu.jpg

E4G1LG1.jpg

Small detail, BUT it gets you a bit closer to the CRL. Planning to take my pictures set tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

All,

Here are present to you my build. 

mUmd5BO.jpg

Mu1yavc.jpg

NJ31yEG.jpg

YEMMybt.jpg

iAAg6hG.jpg

IUinNII.jpg

zgUMuBe.jpg

tvYDoP4.jpg

hVmlRcs.png

c1YOXop.jpg

I'll be more than glad to share what I have learned in the process of building this Sean Fields files project.  I submitted today to the FL Garrison. Will keep you posted!. Thanks once again, to all the great people who helped me to achieve this personal goal!. 

• Like 2